The Malwarebytes team is excited to announce the release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version features many security, performance, stability and functionality improvements, and is without a doubt our best release yet.
This release represents a major update to the Malwarebytes software: the change log may be found here.
You may get the new version either through the existing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware interface (click Check for Updates!) or by visiting:
The Malwarebytes team would like to thank all participants in the 1.50 beta project. We are very excited about the result!
We are very excited about the major improvements in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version represents a complete overhaul of much of our functionality. Among the highlights are:
- Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 3-5 times faster on many machines.
- Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and Protection Module (Free and PRO versions, respectively).
- More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (PRO version only).
- New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware.
- You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually.
- Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (PRO version only).
- Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher.
- Dramatically improved flash scan (PRO version only) -- determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines.
- One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (PRO version only).
- "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (PRO version only).
Backwards-Compatibility Support Policy
Malwarebytes urges all customers in the strongest possible language to plan an update path to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. The stability and security improvements in this version are staggering, and although we will support older versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (see below), simply put: you will not be as well-protected with older versions as you will be with 1.50.
We will support each version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware until one year after the release of its successor. So, we will support Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46 (and all previous versions, which we will consider "grandfathered-in") until one year after the public release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. After that, we will require an update to 1.50 or later in order to provide support. We think this is a reasonable policy that balances both our need to keep our customers' software up-to-date, and our customers' need to ensure reliability in their own environments.