Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:45 PM
'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'
A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'??'
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one,
you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
(THIS GETS BETTER!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have got a better model.
The women won.
P.S. "El equipo is listed in Google Translate for The Computer" - Or just computadora
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........
Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:18 AM
They usually do..
Great one John..
People sleep easy in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who
would do them harm. ~~ Orson Wells
Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:06 PM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:11 PM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:46 PM
No Wait For Security Updates ~ It's Done In The "Cloud"
Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:03 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users