Is it working?

IceDragon

I haven't noticed AE actively doing anything.  I just wanted to verify that it's looking for threats in real time, and that's it's merely my good habits keeping it quiet, not a lack of functionality. :D   I do see its icon in the system tray, and it does show a list of applications being shielded.  If it matters, I'm using Dragon and Ice Dragon, and it lists them as Chrome and Firefox respectively (they are variants of said browsers put out by Comodo).  The logs and exclusions tabs each list nothing. 

As data, I'm on Windows 8, with Ice Dragon as my primary browser.  It's currently running with no conflicts, installed programs and plugins are EMET 4.0, Hitman Pro, Comodo Internet Security Pro, MBAM Pro, Zemana Antilogger free, Win Patrol free, Hitman Alert, Secunia PSI, CCleaner (runs every startup), Adblock+, Ghostery, Disconnect, DoNotTrackMe, Noscript, Dephormation, Secret Agent, HTTPS everywhere, Greasemonkey, Tab Group Switcher, LastPass, MaskMe, and Check4Change. 

WOW, that's a lot of security apps! :huh:

Very soon we will release a small tool that simulates an exploit and will allow you to check that MBAE is working correctly. Please keep an eye on this sub-forum announcements.

Off Topic

Just couldn't drive by and not stop!.

I've never seen anything similar. Hard to imagine "no conflicts" with a Security Profile like that.

Interesting. lol

Two more ommissions, if it matters (I can't seem to edit) are Private Internet Access VPN (a notable ommission), and cookie monster (less notable).  Of Ghostery, Disconnect, DoNotTrackMe, and Dephormation, it's likely only a couple will survive final cuts.  Every thing else is staying. :D  Note that not all of those are security applications though, I merely copy/pasted a list of my Firefox extensions at the end, for instance, so stuff like tab group switcher and greasemonkey were never likely to conflict, unless MBAE was overly vigilant.  Secunia PSI is also not really a security program, just a software updater.  It does handy stuff like update Java for you, alerting you whenever something requires a manual update, though it's pretty good about updating things without manual intervention, usually.  It is a lot, but I work in the financial industry, so I make a good effort to stay safe. 

Two more ommissions, if it matters (I can't seem to edit)

Editing of post has been disabled due to abuse, you will get the ability to edit your posts once you reach a post count of 100. This does not count trying to spam the board just to get your post count up.

It seems hard to imagine that you have no conflicts or computer slow downs running all those security apps....

Well, most of those are browser extensions.  It slows down browser startup, but beyond that it's not noticably slower.  Or it wasn't, anyway, I've dumped Dephormation, Disconnect, and DoNotTrackMe, Ghostery covers those bases well enough.  Otherwise, I'm on a Y410P, so it's got hardware to spare, AV programs aren't really big resource hogs.  The only thing that causes noticeable slowdown is my VPN, and only at startup while it's connecting. 

Folks using a layered approch to their computer security is more commonplace than you may think. With the increasing complexity and ingenunity of malware developers a lot of people don't rely on just one antimalware/AV solution to keep them safe these days. As mentioned in the other threads the trick is finding programs that are compatable or can made to be compatable through file exceptions/exclusions in their settings and resource useage/system responsiveness stays at an acceptable level. That's the reason I choose to use & beta test Anti-Exploit (BrowserProtect) as it has a very low system footprint and it seems to be compatible with my other active security programs (remember the fun & games we had with getting Comodo compatable Pedro?).

Just wanted to get my two cents worth in I guess, lol!

Cheers, Ritchie...

• Staff

Agreed Ritchie.

As mentioned the next version of MBAE will include an "Exploit Test" application which will allow you to test MBAE. It's kinda like an EICAR but for exploits. This will also allow you to verify if MBAE is working and/or has conflicts with other installed software.

I will definitely say overkill that looks to be borderline paranoia (no offense).

Also, Comodo products are not trustworthy in all honesty. In the past they issued signed security certificates to known malware distributors. I believe there was also reports of them allowing known malware through their firewall. So that's definitely not security due to questionable practices.