! My name is Maniac
and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.
One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.
- If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
- I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
- Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
- Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
- Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:
Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Part II
How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.
=> All Programs
). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open Notepad and select Paste). Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt
Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2b54b20ee6fa07b1\services.exe C:\Windows\System32\services.exe
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
Now please enter System Recovery Options
then select Command Prompt
(or FRST64 if you have the 64bit version) and press the Fix
button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt
) please post it to your reply.