Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 has been released! This version features a lot of new functionality that we are very excited about, including a fully-functional trial of the PRO version. We hope you will like it too! We would like to thank our partners and beta-testers for helping us test the release.
Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.
Some highlights of the new release include:
- A 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. When the program first starts, click Start Trial to see for yourself. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware PRO protects your system in realtime, smoothly and efficiently with the full power of Malwarebytes technology. Our free scanner is great, we hope you'll agree, but it does not protect you in realtime. If you've had to use our free version one too many times to clean up after a bad infection, please consider giving our PRO version a try.
- The Protection Module (PRO only) now notifies you when a new program update is available, so you can schedule updates and forget about it -- let Malwarebytes protect you behind the scenes. Just choose "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation" in the Settings > Updater Settings tab.
- All program settings in HKCU can now be set in HKLM, for our corporate users and system administrators who would like to deploy machine-wide and system-wide settings.
- The Scheduler (PRO only) now has an Edit button so you can edit existing scheduled scans and updates.
- The Updater has been rewritten to be more streamlined, efficient, and robust.
- The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module (PRO only) is now lighter-weight than ever. An issue in 1.50.1 with high I/O read bytes has been addressed.
Please see here for the full change log.
1.51 beta testers, you will have to fully uninstall the 1.51 beta before you reinstall the 1.51 stock builds. We apologize for the inconvenience. An ordinary uninstallation followed by reinstallation should suffice. If you encounter any issues please download this utility, run it, allow it to uninstall the 1.51 beta version, and reboot. Then, please reinstall 1.51 stock from the link at the top of this post. Note: you will have to re-enter your license information if you use the clean utility.
Please let us know if you have any issues.