MBAM Version 1.60.0.1800 Full Scan Problems

I was running beta when this happened and posted in beta forum. Beta Forum closed about 25 minutes after posting. :lol:

http://forums.malwar...howtopic=103130

I updated to Version 1.60.0.1800 and have the same problem.

Uninstalled MBAM, also used MBAM Removal tool.

Did a fresh install of Version 1.60.0.1800. Now on Full scan locks computer when scanning Windows Installer files. I have to do a hard shut down.

Hello,

Your note says the computer "locks". Provide more detail. 1) Did you use system for another task?

2) How long did you observe when this "lock" appeared? (i.e., I suggest infinite patience on a Full scan. Lots. Infinite. a Full scan can take hours depending on how may files and how large they are in total. Even on a fast system)

Correction: I should not have said "Computer Locks". I should have said "MBAM Stops" when in those files. No CPU showing for MBAM when it stops in file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\ab0b5.msp Stayed in this file for about 45 minutes. Cannot Pause, Stop MBAM when in this file.

For benefit of others, state the Windows name & version and service pack level. {Win-Start-key >> System Information}

Which antivirus app is running?

Any other "security" app set to start with Windows ?

Review the topmost note in this sub-forum FAQ - Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

For benefit of others, state the Windows name & version and service pack level. {Win-Start-key >> System Information}

Which antivirus app is running?

Any other "security" app set to start with Windows ?

Review the topmost note in this sub-forum FAQ - Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions http://forums.malwar...showtopic=10138

Running Win XP (SP-3) IE-8, NIS-2012 "All Exclusions Set For MBAM - Pro & NIS. No other Security app running.

All Updated .

I have reviewed FAQ.

As posted in this post: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=103130 MBAM 1.5 ran scans excellently. Downloaded the beta 1.6 and had problems with full scan as posted.

Uninstalled beta, then used removal tool for MBAM. Did a FRESH INSTALL of Version 1.60.0.1800. Same problem, MBAM stops on Window Installer files and does nothing. Started a full scan last night before going to bed, looked at it this morning, STILL ON Windows installer file. Cannot complete scan. Cannot Pause or Abort Scan. Cannot get MBAM off screen. Had to hard shut down and restart computer.

Uninstalled Version 1.6 and used removal tool also.

Installed old version 1.51.2.1300. Ran Complete scan. Results:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 911122803

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

12/28/2011 3:08:18 PM

mbam-log-2011-12-28 (15-08-18).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 276889

Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

MBAM Pro Version 1.51.2.1300 Works Excellent on Full Scan. ( 37 minutes) :D

There is something wrong with Version 1.6 :(

Hello Popeye,

Please Download OTL to your Desktop:

To Use OTL:

• Get OTL From
HERE
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Change Drivers to All
Change Standard Registry to All
Under File Scans, change File age to 30
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please attach these 2 files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello Popeye,

I appreciate the speedy logs.

Can you please copy the troublesome file onto your desktop.

Then copy that file back into it's original location (effectively overwriting it).

Please let me know if a full scan still stops.

Thank you very much.

Hello Popeye,

I appreciate the speedy logs.

Can you please copy the troublesome file onto your desktop.

Then copy that file back into it's original location (effectively overwriting it).

Please let me know if a full scan still stops.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for the reply Mainard,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy with end of the year computer work. I'm running 1.5 now with no problems, before doing anything to the computer having the scan problem, I want to finish up my computer work then back up all my files that I have before upgrading to Version 1.6 again. Then if I still have problems with this file I'll do what you stated above. Sorry for accidentally deleting the OTL files, I was doing a little housecleaning on my MBAM profile and noticed I accidentally deleted them. It will be a few days before upgrading. Thank you.

I did like you instructed Mainard about the troublesome file, it didn't fix the scan. So I did the following:

Uninstalled MBAM Pro 1.6 also used removal tool. Rebooted a few times.

Device Manager: removed MBAM drivers that were left over. Rebooted.

Ran CCleaner a few times. After running, rebooted after every run.

FRESH install of MBAM Pro 1.6

Did a FULL Scan, completed without stopping on any files. 2 hours and 5 minutes. (Clean scan)

Now computer starts freezing when surfing the web sometimes. It takes a few minutes to close website that I'm browsing. IE-8 does nothing during freeze.

Rebooted, freeze keeps happening.

Removed MBAM Pro 1.6 again as stated above.

Did a FRESH install of MBAM 1.5. EVERYTHING RUNS EXCELLENT!

Is there a difference in FULL Scan times for Version 1.5 & 1.6. ?

1.5 takes approx. 37 minutes to complete.

1.6 takes 2+ hours to complete. :(

Hello Popeye,

After you performed the clean uninstall of MBAM did you add back your exclusions for your anti-virus software?

Please add the exclusions and verify the scan times are in that much of a variance.

Thank you.

Hello Popeye,

After you performed the clean uninstall of MBAM did you add back your exclusions for your anti-virus software?

Please add the exclusions and verify the scan times are in that much of a variance.

Thank you.

Just sent you a PM on how problem was solved. ALL FIXED! :D

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) 1.60.0.1800

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.01.03.03

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Protection: Enabled

1/3/2012 1:42:30 PM

mbam-log-2012-01-03 (13-42-30).txt

Scan type: Full scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 265707

Time elapsed: 28 minute(s), 34 second(s)