Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:22 AM
How can I have confidence the full version will remove??
Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:31 AM
Until an MBAM staffer comes along, please note a couple of things:
1) The Free and PRO versions of MBAM work identically, when it comes to detecting and removing malware. The only significant differences relate to the availability of real-time protection and the ability to schedule updates/scans, and a few other features (such as incremental updates). Moreover, the trial of the PRO version is completely fully functional, exactly the same as the paid PRO version.
2) "PUM" means "Potentially Unwanted Modification". This particular detection could be merely telling you that a user setting has been changed. If you have made that change in your system, then it would be perfectly safe to tell MBAM to ignore it.
3) If, on the other hand, you think your computer might be infected, either because of this detection and/or other abnormal computer behavior, then it would be best to have one of the malware experts check your system and assist with cleaning. Since we don't work on malware detection or removal in this particular section, please read the following, if you would like help with cleaning your system:
As we don't deal with malware removal in this area of the forums, you'll need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so that a qualified helper can help you fix any malware-related problems/infections.
- First, please print out, read and CAREFULLY FOLLOW the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
- If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot follow most/all of the requested steps, then please just proceed as advised below:
- Then please post a NEW topic in the Malware Removal forum.
- Please do NOT post in an open topic started by another member in the malware removal forum, even if the problem appears to be similar to yours.
- When posting your new thread, under "options", make sure to select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
- One of the expert helpers there will give you free, one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do NOT make any further changes to your computer (such as Install/Uninstall programs; use special fix tools; delete files; edit the registry; OR use temp file cleaners, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your topic or "bump" it within the first 48 hours.
Replying to your own posts changes the post count from zero. Helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post, helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus may overlook your post. This will only delay your obtaining assistance.
- o If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you may reply to the topic, asking for help again.
o You may send a Private Message to a Moderator, asking for assistance.
Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you can contact the help desk at email@example.com or here.
If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.
Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.
Thanks very much!
PS: Please use the button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read.
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 18.104.22.1680; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 22.214.171.1240; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/32 SP1; Intel Core 2 Duo @2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM; NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M; IE 9; Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; WLAN; MBAM PRO 126.96.36.1990; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:13 AM
Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users