I think malwarebytes is not compatable with kaspersky internet security 2012?

Hi, this is the third time I write this:

I think Mbam is incompatible with kaspersky Internet Security 2012. I installed the beta version, following the usual instructions (uninstall previos version, run mbam-clean, reboot and install the new version). It works a bit better, but sometimes my system freezes again, when kaspersky starts automatic updates (the same system freezings with version 1.60). I noticed that the version 1.50.1 has the same problem with KIS since you have changed the way of updates. I have malwarebytes files and folders in kaspersky's trusted list.

Windows XP SP3 (spanish).

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (12.0.0.374 abcdefg)

Blueridge Appguard 3.2.0.0

Other programs running realtime: eboostr 3.0.1, Cacheman 7.0

Can someone help me, please?

Hi, chipo:

Sorry you are experiencing issues running MBAM with KIS2012 and your other security products.

I am just a home user.

I run Win7 on both my rigs and am not at all familiar with Blueridge AppGuard.

However, MBAM PRO works just fine with KIS2012, and many of us run this combination without any problems.

If I had to guess, it may well be the AppGuard that is causing the problems.

It would not seem to be a necessary program, given the robust protection provided by MBAM and KIS. It may be causing subtle conflicts.

Until an MBAM staffer or expert stops by, please refer to this sticky topic for help with performing a clean upgrade to the new MBAM version (1.60.1.1000).

In particular, please follow the instructions carefully, especially the parts about running the mbam-clean tool (and reboot), the step to PAUSE KIS PROTECTION when installing MBAM (and the reboot), AND the step about setting the exclusions for KIS and MBAM.

If that doesn't resolve your issues, I would consider (at least temporarily) uninstalling AppGuard.

If that, too, doesn't work, then please follow the additional steps in the topic linked above to run the DDS tool and provide the experts with a bit more info about your system.

That will allow them to better assist you.

HTH and thanks for your patience.

Please let us know how it works out,

daledoc1

Hi,thanks for your answer. I use malwarebytes since version 1.44 and kaspersky since version 5, and I never had any freezing until now. Nevertheless, when malwarebytes incremental updates appeared, my system began to freeze. Of course, mbam 1.60 crashed my system (windows XP)

I have followed the instructions, but no success. Regarding appguard, I don't think it is the problem, because is lightly similar to sandboxie.

Hello, chipo:

Sorry it's still not working for you.

Until someone more expert arrives, please have a look at this article.

There are instructions to run a diagnostic tool, the results of which will provide information the experts can use to better assist you.

If you are a paid user of MBAM PRO and prefer expert assistance via email, please send an email to support@malwarebytes.org; please include a link back to this topic.

Or you may contact the help desk here.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

Please try the following.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

Set Exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  • Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  • Close the Kaspersky main window
  • Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  • Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  • Close the Kaspersky main window

Kaspersky is my favorite. I've been using it since 1996 when it was AVP. BUT, I have been getting more and more tired of it. I have recommend it to many friends... many that are also tired of it. It can slow some computers down to the point that they are almost unusable. Pages are slow loading, freeze, hang, etc. I'm not talking about old outdated low memory computers either. A fiend installed it the other day and quickly uninstalled it. He was getting a "windows security center service can't be started" message. It ended up being Kapsersky disabling Windows Defender. Windows was then notifying him of issues with Security Center which he got tired of seeing. We found Defender disabled via Services. Uninstalled Kaspersky, installed Avast, and enabled Defender again. Another got mad when Kaspersky wanted to remove Malwarebytes. Sure you can reinstall Malwarebytes after Kaspersky wipes it, but it's a pain in the butt. It shouldn't be that way. Many other AV play nice with Malwarebytes. IMO, Kaspersky needs Malwarebytes because it will miss things that Malwarebytes catches. Kaspersky's GUI has also become a mess IMO. Another friend got confused when Kaspersky said it was done scanning yet he still saw an icon with activity... it turned out there was a rootkit scan going on in addition to the main scan. It confused him as to when it was REALLY done scanning. Then he couldn't figure out how to delete the 1 infection it did find. He didn't feel that it was straightforward enough. End of rant.

@ blackhawk:

Thanks for sharing your experiences (though I'm not certain what you describe will assist the OP in resolving his/her particular issues). :)

FWIW, KL has excellent video tutorials and extensive KB libraries for all their products.

If your friend is unfamiliar with the GUI or features, he may wish to have a look here: http://support.kaspe...2/ecourse/intro (this is for KIS2012, but there are also videos for KAV2012, etc.)

@ chipo:

Please follow AdvancedSetup's specific, step-by-step instructions for setting the exclusions between KIS and MBAM (that I inadvertently forgot to provide in my earlier post).

Then please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

daledoc1

I'm sorry if I don't explain myself very well, because I'm not an english native speaker, but please read carefully what I wrote in this forum three times:

I have malwarebytes files and folders in kaspersky's trusted list.

I have followed the instructions for install malwarebytes, but no success.

I have windows XP SP3 (remember what is the reason for version 1.60.1)

Thanks for your comments, but I have a license for Kaspersky, Appguard and Malwarebytes. I don't want to uninstall Kaspersky nor Appguard.

Hello, chipo:

Sorry it's still not working.

Have you had a chance to review the steps suggested in the post to which I linked in my earlier replies?

Here is the link again: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=103600

If a CLEAN install (including running the removal tool, rebooting and setting permissions) does not solve the issue, then there is likely something preventing MBAM from running properly on your system.

Or, you could possibly be infected.

Until AdvancedSetup returns, please consider doing the following, so that he and the other experts will have some basic info about your system to further assist you.

Thanks for your patience:

Download
DDS
from here:
or here:
and save it to your desktop.

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click
dds.scr
or
dds.com
to run the tool, on
Vista or Win 7
right click and select
Run as administrator

Click the
Run
button if prompted with an
Open File - Security Warning
dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop

• Please include the following logs in your next reply:
    DDS.txt
    and
    Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

Hi, I send you the requested files. I want to clarify one thing about the displayed information in the attachment files: I have disabled mbam realtime protection and then I have installed Immunet Protect free. Therefore, Immunet is NOT the cause of my system's freezings.

Greetings

up

• Root Admin

You appear to have something wrong with your WMI on the system and you have a lot of items that would probably require review to confirm they're not an issue.

I think you should first have someone work with you to ensure you're not infected and if found to be clean then you can work in the PC General forum to possibly do some general PC maintenance.

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum

so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
  • Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at
support@malwarebytes.org
or
here

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Consumer Services
partner, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

Hi, thanks for your comments. I'm afraid I disagree with you, because my system is not infected. Neither kasperksy, nor immunet (installed after deactivate mbam realtime protection), nor hitmanpro, nor comodo cleaning essentials, nor malwarebytes, nor norton power eraser, nor gmer said me my system was infected.

My problem is as simple as mbamservice is freezing my system sometimes when kaspersky is starting to get auto-updates. So, I've deactivated mbamservice and mbam running at startup.

I send you dds.txt and attach.txt again, because there are serveral programs that don't run everyday, such as p2pfire or peerblock.

In conclusion, I think version 1.60.* still has little conflicts with some other security software, as we saw in beta forum along last weeks.

Greetings

attach.txt

dds.txt