MalwareBytes Compatibility: Kaspersky PURE

Just purchased MalwareBytes PRO & b4 I nstall it I have some questions of compatibility.

I have already contacted Kaspersky & was told Kaspersky PURE is not compatible w/ MalwareBytes.

Is MalwareBytes "fully" compatible w/ Kaspersky PURE?

I would like a straight, honest answer so I don't waste my time.

Thank you

Hi, Alpha1:

MBAM PRO runs fine with KIS and KAV, so it would probably be just fine with PURE.

Since it appears that you are already being assisted at the helpdesk, I'll defer to them for providing you with specific assistance. :)

However, for others who might come upon this topic, I'll post below the steps for setting the mutual permissions and exclusions (they are for KIS/KAV, but should be similar for PURE):

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

• Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  • Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  • Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

• Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  • Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  • Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

HTH,

daledoc1