Are There Any Plans On Adding The Option For Malwarebytes To Scan Compressed Files/Archives?

Guest goodjohn1984

Guest goodjohn1984

Hello,

I was wondering are there any plans to one day add the option for Malwarebytes to scan/scan inside/unpack/whatever compressed files/archives (.Zip, .7Z, .RAR, Et cetera)?

To me that is a very important option that should be available for those that want it, and Malwarebytes is one of the only anti-malware scanners that I have used that does not have that option; which has made me uncomfortable recommending it over the years.

Thank you,

-John Jr :)

• Root Admin

You cannot extract and execute malware with or without archive scanning and you cannot download and execute malware email attachments with or without email scanning IF the malware itself is detected, the extra ability to scan is not the strong part of the equation.

We will add these abilities once other higher priority projects are finished that do far more to protect our users.

Guest goodjohn1984

You cannot extract and execute malware with or without archive scanning and you cannot download and execute malware email attachments with or without email scanning IF the malware itself is detected, the extra ability to scan is not the strong part of the equation.

We will add these abilities once other higher priority projects are finished that do far more to protect our users.

Okay, thank you for responding AdvandedSetup. :)