how to configure mbam to ignore entire programs, as i do with firewall

nweissma

related to http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=107845 , i ask how to configure mbam to ignore the incoming and outgoing messages of avast and uTorrent.

relatedly(?), i came across what appeared to be a relevant configuration option: action for p2p software, under the Settings tab of the Scanner / Main Menu window; mbam offers three options:

• do not show in results list
  • show in results list and check for removal
  • show in results list and do not check for removal

if this p2p-results list is relevant, then please define 'results list,' and what are the consequences (indeed, what is the meaning?) of showing "it," and not showng "it," in the "results list" ?

i ask how to configure mbam to ignore the incoming and outgoing messages of avast and uTorrent.

You cant....

• How do I disable this?
  • We wouldn't recommend disabling it, but if you must, you can do this by right clicking the MBAM tray icon, and unchecking Website Blocking. You can also use the two options in the Protection tab of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to disable the website blocker from starting when the protection module starts or simply to disable the tooltip balloon notifications when a malicious site is blocked.

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=162100

• Why is Malwarebytes' blocking my antivirus?
  • It isn't, but it may appear so because of the process name shown in the pop up which belongs to your antivirus. This can happen if you use an antivirus software that intercepts all incoming and outgoing internet traffic to look for infections which makes Windows think it is your antivirus initiating the connection and thus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware thinks the same thing. In the below example you can see that the process name is avp.exe, which belongs to Kaspersky Anti-Virus even though this block was incurred by using Internet Explorer:

• What does this notification mean?
  • This notification means quite simply, that an IP address has been blocked. It does NOT necessarily mean you are infected, it simply means a program on your computer (e.g. your browser, IM program, P2P program etc), tried accessing a malicious IP address.

P2p programs are frowned upon with many security forums because of the dangers and the legalities

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=485671