Build 136.20 - April 2nd, 2013
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8, Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows XP
Picasa Release Notes
Updates to Picasa are made on an ongoing basis. These updates may include bug fixes, performance enhancements, additional hardware/device support and other improvements.
New in 136.20 - April 2, 2013
- Fixed broken auto-complete for search and tagging.
- Fixed bug where filter thumbnails would become corrupted.
- Fixed bug where saving an image could cause inadvertent cropping to a 1x1 rectangle.
- Fixed bug where reverting an image was not properly refreshing the edit view.
Picasa is software that makes it easy and fun to view, organise, edit and share the digital photos on your PC. It will not delete your pictures or put them online without your permission. Picasa automatically finds and organizes all of your pictures including: jpeg, tiff, bmp, psd, and standard camera movie files. Sending pictures with e-mail used to mean five steps just to get it right. Picasa lets you pick the size and then automatically attaches your pictures. Browse through all your pictures and view slideshows of your albums with the click of a button. Enhance, fix red-eye, and even crop without losing data or permanently changing your original picture. Take your photos further with Picasa from Google. Picasa is free photo management software from Google that helps you find, edit and share your pictures in seconds. We recommend that you print out this brief overview of Picasa’s main features and consult it as you use the programme for the first time to learn about new features quickly.
Picasa helps you find and organise all your pictures:
you start Picasa, it scans your hard drive to find and automatically organise all your pictures. Picasa finds the following image and movie file types:
• Image file types: JPG, GIF, TIF, PSD, PNG, BMP, RAW (including NEF and CRW). GIF and PNG files are not scanned by default, but you can enable them in the options dialogue.
• Film file types: MPG, AVI, ASF, WMV, and MOV.
• Organise – Picasa instantly locates and organises all the pictures on your computer.
• Edit – Turn a grey sky into a picture-perfect day.
• Share – The hardest part of sharing your pictures is choosing your favourites.
• Prints & Products – Print beautiful pictures at home with more custom sizes or order prints, gifts and books from your favourite online companies.
• Backup – Do not lose your digital memories. Safely back up your photos with Picasa.
• Create – Enjoy your pictures in fun, creative ways – it is what photography is all about!
New features in Picasa 3.9:
• Share to your Google+ circles
— If you’ve joined Google+, you can use Picasa 3.9 to share directly to the circles you’ve created in Google+. They’ll see your photos and videos in their Google+ stream. People that don’t use Google+ aren’t left out. They’ll get an email to view your album in Google+, and they don’t have to join to do so.
• Picasa name tags on Google+
— If you’ve joined Google+, you may have noticed that name tags have become more social. With the release of Picasa 3.9, you can now upload and share your name tags on Google+. Note that if you choose not to join Google+, name tags won’t change at all.
• New photo editing effects
— We’ve added a plethora of new editing effects like Vignette, Duo-tone, Borders and more.
• Side by side editing
— Compare two different photos side by side. Or compare the original and edited versions versions of the same photo simultaneously as you apply edits in Picasa. Learn how to edit side by side.