MBAM Pro compatabile with ESET Smart Security

Hi,

We have a query thread at Wilders asking if MBAM Pro conflicts with ESET ESS (Smart Security)

This is an oft-asked question that we could probably put up on a sticky or possibly in the ESET knowledge base

Feedback would be appreciated.

Guest Seagull

I have ESET Smart Security 5 and Malwarebytes PRO running on three different computers in my household (Including this one) and have no issues what so ever.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on all three machines and I have not experienced any kind of conflicts between the two what so ever and have not experienced any kind of impact on performance.

I will also add that I did set exclusions in both ESET and Malwarebytes as a precaution.

I hope this helps. :)

Hi siljaline,

In general, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET (both Smart Security and NOD32) work very well with one another. Recently, it's been brought to our attention that the latest version of ESET does create a compatibility issue with Malwarebytes when a USB disk is connected to the system. Both our developers and ESET's are aware of this issue and are working in tandem to resolve it as soon as possible.

Hi siljaline,

In general, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET (both Smart Security and NOD32) work very well with one another. Recently, it's been brought to our attention that the latest version of ESET does create a compatibility issue with Malwarebytes when a USB disk is connected to the system. Both our developers an ESET's are aware of this issue and are working in tandem with ESET to resolve it as soon as possible.

Hi,

Pardon the delay in posting back. I have passed along your information to ESET and am waiting for follow-up on the thread at Wilders. This would be all I have at this time and appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

• 4 months later...

I have problems with this combination. I have set the exclusions in ESET ESS to exclude the main exucable files founded in MBAM pro but that did not fix my problem. I am not sure but I think that the firewall is causing my problems. The two problems I have is:

1) MBAM pro will not update automatically on its own. I will get a message that MBAM has not updated in X number of days. When I click the message the program updates fine. It just will not automatically update.

2) MBAM pro will not run an automatic scan of my system. I can manually run a scan but automatic scans do not happen.

Both of the above items are in the schedule list in MBAM pro. It looks like nothing that is setup in the schedule will automatically run in MBAM. It used to work just fine when I had Norton Internet Security installed but after switching over to ESS 5.2.9.1, I have had this problem. I am no firewall wiz and any help with getting around in ESS firewall to setup any rules that would help with this problem would be appreciated. Other then the above, MBAM pro seems to work fine.

• Root Admin

Hello Jolt

Just because the software won't update does not mean that either one is the cause or conflict of the other. Please post the following and we'll see if we can assist you.

Please run the following mbam-check tool so that we can get a better look at what's going on.

Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_check

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it. When done it should then open a log file

Please attach the log to your next reply, it should be on your desktop as "CheckResults.txt"

Next, please download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your desktop.

here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

or

here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop

Please attach the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just attach it to your reply.

Thank you

I may have it fixed. I have already had mbamscheduler.exe in my exclusion list for ESET ESS, I just double checked. What I did was to put the firewall in "interactive mode", clicked to manually update MBAM and the firewall popped up a box for that internet connection. I then made a rule for that connection and to allow the connection. Then I switched the firewall to "automatic with exceptions". The ESS firewall was in "automatic" mode but when I made the manual rule to allow MBAM updates, I had to set the firewall to "automatic with exceptions" so that in automatic mode the firewall would include the new rule I had made for it. I think that is how it works, like I said, I am no firewall wiz.

Right now after a day and a half, my MBAM pro log shows that it updated and did the file scan of my system. I will be watching it for the next couple of days. I also downloaded and ran the above files but for now my MBAM schduling seem to be working, so I did not post the results from those files. If problems continue I'll be back and post the files then.

I solved nothing. It worked for 2 days then I re-booted my system and now I am back to the same thing that nothing in the scheduler runs. I have tied to attach the files asked for but I can not figure out how. Do you want me to copy the text from each file in to the reply? How do I attach the *.txt files to the posting?

No replies here so I tried re-installing MBAM and I also added a rule in the HIPS part of ESET ESS. I am happy to say that it is working now for 3 days. I do not know which one of the two fixed it and since I did not get any replies after I got the files attached here at this board, I tried something else.

I had the log files posted since the 11th and no one here replied with any help so on the 16th, I removed the log files from the post. After having the files posted for two days and no replies here, I started trying things again to see if I could get this problem fixed and I finally have it working. It has worked for 3 days so after 5 days of having my files posted, I took them down. I have the problem fixed and I am not going to leave my system info posted.