Now, I do not know what folders you mean by "users/temp folder"..... but you can run TFC (temp file cleaner) again, and it will do what it knows to do.
IF there are no more signs of infections, we can proceed to wrap this up.
The following few steps will remove tools we used.
- Download OTC to your desktop and run it
- Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
- You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.
Delete the following if still present:
and the VBS file that was extracted
Go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features>> locate, select, and remove ESET Online
Safer practices & malware prevention
- Have a hardware router between the incoming internet-modem and your computer.
- Configure your Antivirus software to check for updates daily, at a time in which you are sure the computer will be on.
- Check in at Windows Update and install any Critical Updates offered.
- Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled.
How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows
- Check on other update issues as well, visit Secunia Online Software Inspector (OSI)
See How to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs using Secunia Personal Software Inspector
- Download, install, and keep updated Spyware Blaster (free): http://www.javacools...areblaster.html (all Protections should be enabled at all times)
- I'd recommend that you get and use MVP Mike Burgess' custom hosts file http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
See the FAQ page http://mvps.org/winh...02/hostsfaq.htm
That would help to keep your browser away from known spyware/malware sites.
- Make regular backups of your system to removable media: DVD, USB external hard drive, etc.
Having a total image backup of your system stored on DVD/CD is highly important.
Get and make use of imaging-backup utilities and save them to offline media. That way you have something to fall back to if another disaster hits.
Examples of image backup software: Acronis True Image, or the free (for personal use) Macrium Reflect http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp
or Paragon Backup & Recovery http://www.paragon-s...e/download.html
- Consider using Web of Trust WOT add-on for your browser(s)
On some regular schedule, it is a good idea to do an online scan for viruses and malware. Here is a very short list of sites where this may be done:
ESET Online Scanner
Trend Micro Housecall
F-Secure Online Scanner
- See Six tips to help you stay safer online
- Never, ever download free games, free tools, videos, mutli-media files or anything free unless you can be absolutely sure the source is safe !