MB hit 25,000 comprised mainly with about 6 malware - including: stolen.data, PUP.Funshion, trojan.agent.ua, rougue.agent.sa. The malware names are valid enough.

I'm not sure this is an actual malware detection or some sort of false positive. 25,000 hits is very unusual and I'm having adifficulty in finding a hit searching online. TIA Jeremy

• Root Admin

Hello Arinborn,

Let's start by having you run the following scanner and post back both logs and we'll go from there.

Please download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

First, allow mw to apologize for the long delay in getting back to you. I genuinely appreciate your time and courtesy in helping myself and others.

I'm working with MS Server 2008. DDS would not work. I have the MW log. Also I can provide several of the malware names listed. And, of course, a HiJack This report.

The baffling thing for me is that several other scanners are not reporting anything. So such a high malware count on only one AV program is not making sense to me. Thanks for your help.

• Root Admin

Yes, I think you're having a false detection possibly due to some other security application that might be blocking it.

As this is a server it should have a corporate license, please open a ticket on the help desk and they will assist you in trying to track down the cause.

http://www.malwareby...pport/corporate

In order to assist you better please provide the following information when you contact the help desk.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

If you no longer have access to the order number you can contact Cleverbridge to obtain information about your order.

Cleverbridge customer service

https://store.malwar...2/?scope=cuseco

Thank you

Thanks Forum Deity [bow]... I have to talk to the client about the Corp. Lic. In reviewing, however, the enterprise edition looks like it will be available soon. Will the corporate license transfer, or will it be an additional cost. If so, I'd rather wait until it is available....