Malwarebytes trial version expired message
Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:09 PM
I purchased the full version of Malwarebytes some time ago but recently began getting messages that "your trial version has expired"
I still have the ID# and key for the version I bought, but they are no longer functional.
If what I purchased was a year's activation, or some such thing, I don't mind buying again - the price is reasonable and I like the product.
I just did not understand when I bought it that that would be the case.
Just wanted to make certain that is what is expected.
Thanks - normzone
Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:32 PM
MBAM Clean Install
- If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
- Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.
- It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
- After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
- If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
- Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
- Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
- Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray (if using the PRO version).
- Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
Please let us know if this resolves your issue.
In a nut shell the license is good until you die.
Computer Specs given when asked.
Bleeping Computer Malware Study Hall Junior
Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday!
Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:06 PM
I did as you suggested but when I enter the ID# and key I get the message "you have entered invalid license information".
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users