Please help - infected computer and Malwarebytes won't run.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:35 PM
About an hour ago my computer was infected with a virus as I was streaming a video. A windows command processor keeps popping up on my computer. I attempted a System Restore twice but each time it was unsuccessful in solving the problem. I was directed to your site and so downloaded Malwarebytes to my computer. My problem is - it will not run on my computer - is the virus stopping this from running?
My operating system is Windows 7 on an HP computer. My anti-virus software is Microsoft Security Essentials - it has just alerted me that it has found Trojan:Win32/Ramnit.D and it has been Quarantined.
Please help! This is my first virus and I have no idea what to do!
Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:58 PM
If you already have MBAM installed on your computer.
Please navigate to the MBAM folder located in the Program Files directory.
Locate MBAM.exe and rename it to winlogon.exe
Once renamed double click on the file to open MBAM"
I have now been able to open MBAM and it is currently running a Full Scan of my computer.
I will update again when the scan has completed.
Any help in the meantime is greatly appreciated!
Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:54 AM
- If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
- I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
- Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
- Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
- Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
When the scan finished, please post the log file in your next reply.
Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:00 AM
Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
Consumer Support Specialist
Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook
I close my threads if there is 5 days without a response.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users