Help Malwarebytes causing Latency issues and audio breakups

matt832

I've been using Malwarebytes for some time, bought the retail version. I've noticed a lot of audio breakups over the past few months and today it got very annoying. Dug in and did a lot of research, updated drivers and so on problem not solved. Happens with various audio programs, Winamp, VLC and so on. In doing research I came across a suggestion to download and run DPC Latency Checker, saw LOTS of issues. Tried disabling various items in device manager as suggested, no solution. Still had audio breakups.

Started disabling programs and finally disabled Malwarbytes -- problem solved! DPC was showing a very large spike every 20 seconds once I killed Malwarebytes no spike, no audio breakup/distortion. I really like the product but the audio issues are very annoying, what can I do to resolve this?

Running Win 7 64 bit if that is any help.

• Root Admin

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

• Root Admin

Well though not a big issue you do have some issue going on with the computer that you should try to correct so that computer is working better.

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========

10/5/2012 9:10:45 AM, Error: volsnap [36] - The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.

10/4/2012 8:10:30 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7022] - The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service hung on starting.

10/4/2012 8:05:34 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7022] - The NETGEARGenieDaemon service hung on starting.

10/4/2012 8:04:08 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000] - The AirPrint service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

10/3/2012 3:08:19 PM, Error: bowser [8003] - The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer SMALL-LAPTOP that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{EC40FD98-0B5A-4070-A338-17C2DDFCF4A4}. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

==== End Of File ===========================

STEP 1

Please download the adwCleaner

• Run the Tool
  • Right click on the adwCleaner.exe program and select the option "Run as administrator"
  • Select the SEARCH button and click on it.
  • When the scan completes it will open the log file for you to view. You can close it.
  • This log file is saved in the root (top) of the C: drive with a name like AdwCleaner[R1].txt
  • Please attach that log on your next reply.

STEP 2

Please go into your Control Panel, Programs and uninstall ALL versions of Java

Then restart the computer

STEP 3

Please download Security Check from one of the links below.

SecurityCheck.exe (mirror 1)

or

SecurityCheck.exe (mirror 2)

Save it to your Desktop.

Right click on SecurityCheck.exe and choosr Run as administrator and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.

A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt

Please attach the contents of that document back here on your next reply

STEP 4

Please try to start Malwarebytes and check for updates and then do a Quick Scan and send me back that log file on your next reply.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Please run AdwCleaner again but this time click on the DELETE button and have it clean up some of that stuff.

Then run a FULL disk check on your C: drive.

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

If you use the GUI make sure you check both boxes

Check the Automatically fix file system errors box

Check the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors box

Then reboot the computer and let it run.

Then go to the Microsoft Fixit Center

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Click on Top Solutions, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player to locate fixes.

Find the following fixes and run them even if you're not specifically having the issue.

These fixes should find and fix different potential issues.

If no issue is found they'll often tell you no issue was found.

Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues

Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer - Windows

Fix Windows system performance problems on slow Windows computers

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows audio playback problems

Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer - Windows

Once you've done all of those and rebooted the computer please let us know if the issues remain or not.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Well only because I think there may be malware present please go ahead and create a ticket on the help desk and ask for me and I'll assist you.

Please provide this link as well in your ticket.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=116899

http://www.malwareby...ntact_consumer/

Thanks