Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:14 PM
Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.
1. New program logo and icons
2. Heuristics for 0-day exploit detection now implemented in protection module for PRO version
3. Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default
4. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now shows Windows 8 START screen notifications
5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now identified in scan logs, registry and About tab
6. More Tools tab enhanced with tons of new content and more to come in the future
7. Option to allow a threat to run temporarily (Allow Temporarily) added to filesystem protection prompts
8. Option to add a detected item to the Ignore List (Allow Always) added to filesystem protection prompts
1. Heuristics for detecting new and unknown threats improved
2. Scanner efficiency improved
3. Microsoft Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 now identified correctly in scan logs
4. Help file updated to include information on new features
5. Better compatibility with many other security products in realtime
Please see here for the full change log.
Please let us know if you have any issues.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:00 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:31 PM
Just a note for others you may want to close out of the program when installing the newer version since it updates the right click options in Windows Explorer else you may have to reboot. That's what I did and didn't require a reboot.
Computer Specs given when asked.
Bleeping Computer Malware Study Hall Junior
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:39 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:48 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:49 PM
Regarding FileASSASSIN, we removed that functionality from the product directly and opted instead to provide links to it and other tools offered on our website. The built in version had to be removed so that we could implement the new layout and interface for the tab.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:49 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:02 PM
I also want to add, I absolutely love the new taskbar icon and GUI, the blue and black colors are so much nicer to look at then the red. (no offense)
Thank you everyone at Malwarebytes for your hard work on this new update. It looks nice and is running great along side ESET Smart Security 126.96.36.199.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:36 PM
I had the same [minor, for me] IE-defaulting gripe as user Buddel but can understand the reasoning offered in the reply by Samuel E Lindsey, Product Manager; modification can wait.
Regarding FileASSASSIN: I always have had the portable standalone version anyway! Hardly ever have had to use it, thankfully, but it's truly no inconvenience not to have a duplicate module inside of Malwarebytes.
Nice evolution on the main product.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:29 PM
Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:26 AM
It did require a reboot on both of them.
(Will do the LT tomorrow after I upgrade KIS from 2012 to 2013.)
VERY nice job, MBAM team!
Program enhancements AND a facelift!
PS And, yup, as craigb noted, the update tab in the GUI still announces v.1.65.
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/32 SP1; Intel Core 2 Duo @2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM; NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M; IE 9; Fx 21.0; TB 17.0.6; WLAN; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; KIS2013; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:13 AM
This release has solved myproblem with NVT ERP.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:34 AM
Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:40 AM
Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:02 AM
Thanks for a wonderful product
Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:22 AM
No Wait For Security Updates ~ It's Done In The "Cloud"
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users