Help with EXE

Hello,

Getting to the end of the rope. Not sure what happened, but I can't open anything with an exe file. Had Sweetpacks problem, but not sure if that's what caused it. I can't run Malware Pro or any other program either. Including exehelper, cham, unhide or whatever. I followed a bunch of other stuff too, Task mgr, file, uncheck hide files, op syst & ext file type and that didn't work. Can't open msconfig either.

My last journey was in Safe mode to no avail for all the above. Even tried restore from Safe mode and thought I had it, and, and, and NOT!!!!

It started with the ext's showing llk, now they're trying to open in Adobe! Can't believe I didn't drink the last 2 nights! lol I have a dds file from 2 days ago, but I think it was before I got hit with this. I'll try to attach it, but I can't open it.dds.txt

Running Window XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks Dave, but nothing came up under command prompt. Should I try it in safe mode? I think I'm in over my head with this. Nothing even comes up when I type regedit in run.

I see your in the Marines. My youngest son just graduated from TBS in Quantico.

See if this works:

Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. This starts the Windows Explorer. In the main toolbar, click the "Tools" button and then select "Folder Options."

Click the "File Types" tab when the new window opens. You will see a list of file extensions. Highlighting one of these files shows the corresponding executable program.

Click the "Create New Extension" button. This opens a new dialog box. Enter "EXE" into the text box labeled "File Extension."

Select "Application" in the drop down box labeled "Associated File Type." Click the "Ok" button once you are finished.

Click the "Ok" button in the main file association window. Find an executable and double-click it to test the new settings.

MrC

Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to install and wont let me remove it.

Bring up your task manager and end it if you can.

. Also, Flash Player keeps wanting me to update. Is that Malware?

It can be, we'll check that later.

Download, unzip the attached zip file, run it and allow it to merge into the registry.

That should take care of the lnk extensions

Let me know .....MrC