Malwarebytes dissapears?

Hello Forum! I am brand new here looking for answers.

Firstly, I apologize if this has been asked & answered before somewhere on the forum. See my problem is, I have virus' on my laptop.... I downloaded malwarebytes and ran the scan in safemode. After almost 2 hours malwarebytes had detected 12 virus' so I clicked to remove.. last night as soon as I pressed "remove" the scan would completely freeze and not finish getting rid of the virus. I restarted with no choice, but my computer crashed and shut down. I tried to turn it back on and I was prompted to the black screen where it said to run startup with repairs(recommened) but I'd press enter to start it and my computer would shut off again. I waited 5 mins to turn on my laptop again and I had to run start up with repairs and I finally got to my desktop but malwarebytes was gone. I gave up and went to bed after that. However, today, I read up about malwarebytes crashing and someone suggested to run combofix... I did that and it did its thing. Then again, I ran Malwayrebytes in safemode and the scan completed with no threats. Again like I explained before, I went to restart my computer and the same thing happened again - it was turning on and just completely shut off.. the power cord was in so that elimiated that problem. I tried to turn it back on and i was prompted to the black screen where it said to run startup with repairs(recommened) but I'd press enter to start it and my computer would shut off again. I waited 5 mins to turn on my laptop again and I had to run start up with repairs and I finally got to my desktop but malwarebytes was gone. I'm not sure what the problem is here and it's very fustrating. I am no too good with virus' and how to deal with them, but I've been around them trying my best to fix. If anyone could take the time and have patients to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a HP Pavillon dv6000 laptop, pretty sure 64-bit, running windows vista. Laptop its self is around 4 years old.

Thank you.

Hi:

Yes, it is safe. If you are paid user of MBAM PRO and prefer instead to be helped via email, then please open a ticket at the help desk >>HERE<<.

If you prefer help in the forum, it really doesn't matter what you title the post, so long as it's in the correct forum section >>HERE<<. :)

Either way, just briefly describe the problem, much as you did in this topic here, and/or include the following link with either your forum post or your help desk ticket request to reference back to this topic for your helpers:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=126200

HTH,

daledoc1

Hi, again:

You wrote:

Also, am I not suppose to reply to my own topic? I read in another part that I'm not suppose to ?

That just means that one ought NOT to reply to or "bump" one's post in the malware removal section prematurely.

The forum can be busy, and it can sometimes be 24-48 hours before a helper is available to assist you.

They scan that forum looking for posts with 0 replies.

So, if you reply to your own topic too soon, it will change the reply count, and it will appear that you are already being helped.

This might cause the helpers to overlook your topic, leading to a delay with getting assistance.

Once a helper has picked up your post, yes, by all means, you will want to reply to it promptly, as you work with your helper to clean the system. :)

HTH,

daledoc1