TrayApp.MSI

avon4u

Do you mean My Computer? If so, where do I find select services. I could not locate in my computer. You lost me there!

Printer stopped printing. I did uninstall & reinstall and nothing worked. Made sure all cables are still connected, which there are! at that time.

I do I have another question on the DVD/WRITER/CD WRITER COMBO - Is it expensive to replace into this computer? And how much do they usually prices run?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I forgot you have Windows XP.... Right click on My Computer and the left click on Manage, once the windows comes up follow the rest of the instructions for the Services....

You can also get there by going to Start then Click on Run and in the dialog box type in services.msc and hit <enter>

Here is something you can try to stop it from doing that, then see if you can open Office after that....

Right-click on the My Computer icon, wherever it exists on your system, and select Manage. (I’m using the Classic Start menu, so the Computer icon is on my desktop. If you’re using the new Start menu, the icon is in the Start menu.) This opens the Computer Management utility. (another way to do it is to go to Start, Run, type services.msc and hit enter)

Select Services, right click on Windows Installer in the list and select Properties. If you’re having the problem, the Windows Installer service is started, and the Stop button is disabled. Simply rebooting doesn’t stop the service. Here’s how you stop it.

In the Properties dialog, change Startup type to “Disabled”, click OK, and reboot your computer. This stops the service. After your computer reboots, again open Computer Management (right-click on Computer and select Manage), open Windows Installer Properties, and change the Startup type back to Manual. Now you can try and run Office and let us know if it helped....

Here is something you can try to stop it from doing that, then see if you can open Office after that....

Right-click on the My Computer icon, wherever it exists on your system, and select Manage. (I’m using the Classic Start menu, so the Computer icon is on my desktop. If you’re using the new Start menu, the icon is in the Start menu.) This opens the Computer Management utility. (another way to do it is to go to Start, Run, type services.msc and hit enter)

Select Services, right click on Windows Installer in the list and select Properties. If you’re having the problem, the Windows Installer service is started, and the Stop button is disabled. Simply rebooting doesn’t stop the service. Here’s how you stop it.

In the Properties dialog, change Startup type to “Disabled”, click OK, and reboot your computer. This stops the service. After your computer reboots, again open Computer Management (right-click on Computer and select Manage), open Windows Installer Properties, and change the Startup type back to Manual. Now you can try and run Office and let us know if it helped....

Where is the stop button or start button in the services you are refering to.

You need to read the instructions carefully..... It states you probably wont be able to stop them. You need to change the startup type to "Disabled" instead of Manual

No you do not have to Manage the service everytime, you just had to disable it one time, reboot and then go back one more time and put it back to Manual.

Once you have done that, you need to either repair or re-install your Microsoft Office Application.

As for the DVD Writer, you can find them either locally at a computer store or online for about $30.

While were at it, can I get some logs from you to review them?

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Did you try steps I provided? Were you able to run your Office Programs now?

To fix your trayapp.msi issue you can download and reinstall the printer software. I have extracted it already and I can confirm that this app is included in the install. Download it from => HERE <=

As for your logs, we can talk about those after we get this sorted out....

Here is another thing you can try, download the attached zip file which contains the two files for your printer version of the trayapp.msi file. Extract them to a folder on your computer. When you computer tells you it needs the file trayapp.msi, tell the app to browse to the folder where you extracted it and choose the trayapp.msi file and see if it finishes doing what it needed to.

hmmm ...

just something to toss in here ... some time back i had a similar issue ... it turns out that the "windows spooler" had become corrupted as well .

the first part of the fix was to totally remove and "clean up after" any old software associated with the printer ...

the second part was re-installing the "windows spooler" ( i had a helluva time finding and doing this part) .

the third part was reloading the printer software .

asides from the above ... did you tell the installer to "look at" the folder where the application was extracted to ?

avon4u:

If you really want to resolve the problem you must follow all directions.and you must stick to the thread and reply in a timely fashion. Firefox and I have discussed many options for dealing with this problem but we need your full cooperation. That means no short blurb answers and when you get a reply to the thread, you reply in short order such that a dialogue takes place within a short time frame. Not numerous hours. We can't stick to this one topic for days on end.

Download the ZIP file in post #38. Extract the MSI file and save it to the root of drive "C:" such as; C:\TrayApp.msi.

Double-Click on a Microsoft Office icon such as MS Office Word 2000.

When you get this message...

post-14644-0-85026800-1370695429.jpg

browse and point the dialogue to; C:\TrayApp.msi for; "Use source:".

Let me repeat...

Download the ZIP file in post #38. Extract the MSI file and save it to the root of drive "C:" such as; C:\TrayApp.msi.

You failed to extract the MSI file from within the ZIP file. That error specifically shows you pointed the Installer Dialogue to a ZIP file.

You MUST extract the MSI file from the ZIP file.

Additionally it was asked of you to save it (the MSI file) to the root of drive "C:" such as; C:\TrayApp.msi .

Where do I find "C:"

When you browse "Computer" and you look at the available drives, "C:" is you system's hard disk and the CDROM or DVD drive will usually (but not always) be the "D:" drive. I'm sorry but if you are using Office 2000 on a Windows XP system then you must have been using said system for a long time and you don't know this ?

Look at the below view, do you see Drive "C:" ?

post-14644-0-11208500-1370809051.jpg

I did not want it saved to your desktop. I did not want a long file name and path and I did not want the possibility of a space in that path. That is why I requested for it to be saved in the root of drive "C:" such that the extracted file be simply; C:\TrayApp.msi

I wanted the TrayApp.msi file extracted from the ZIP file.

I previously stated...

If you really want to resolve the problem you must follow all directions.and you must stick to the thread and reply in a timely fashion. That means no short blurb answers and when you get a reply to the thread, you reply in short order such that a dialogue takes place within a short time frame.

You replied...

"Yes, I have been following your instructions as requested!"

No, you haven't and its been almost 24 hours since your last post. That's not a "...reply in short order such that a dialogue takes place within a short time frame. "

If you don't understand something asked, write "I don't understand....". When you do not ask questions or you don't state you don't understand then it is automatically presumed that you understand what is requested of you.

I delete TrayApp.msi on desktop. I then finally locate c:/ (which did not know where on computer it was) add download the TrayApp.msi to c:/

Am I suppose to do anything with the C:/ after I download TrayApp.msi? I'm not sure how this "file extracted from the ZIP file" work?

Another issue came up I not sure what this means, but when I turned on computer on it was flashing until it reaches the windows section. After that is normal - no flashing! What does that mean?

What is flashing ?

An LED on the computer showing hard disk activity ?

A ZIP file is like a container. Like a pocketbook. You store things in a pocketbook and you store files in a ZIP file also known as an "archive file".

Extracting a file from the ZIP file is akin to taking a brush out of a pocketbook. You can't use the brush while it is in the pocketbook. Likewise you can't use thye MSI file while it is stored in a ZIP file.

Go back to the instructions in Post #41 to use and point to; C:\TrayApp.msi

BTW: This is Windows, not Unix/Linux. The forward slash ( / ) is a switch parameter delimiter not a path delimiter. Windows folder paths are delimited by the backslash ( \ ) as in; C:\TrayApp.msi