Hello Forum!

HelixVexium

• Root Admin

Hello HelixVexium and :welcome:

Is this a Trial version of Malwarebytes Secure Backup or a paid version?

We are in the process of revamping our forums for dedicated product support. In general you could post to this forum for now for most things.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41

However I can go ahead and assist you now to see what's going on.

Please run the following scans and post back the logs as well as a description of the issue or error you having with installing the product.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Next, Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thanks

• Root Admin

No trouble.

Well the computer appears to be infected or at least has some typically undesirable software installed such as Babylon Toolbar which more often than not helps to bring in the ZeroAccess rootkit.

Your Event Logs are having some issues as well. It also shows AVG issue yet avast is your main antivirus.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

No guarantee that they can fix this Windows rollback issue as that it typically a Windows installer issue and rarely an actual issue with an installer itself. We'll do our best to get you cleaned up though and working.

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========

6/3/2013 8:38:41 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom

6/3/2013 8:35:55 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7024] - The AVG WatchDog service terminated with service-specific error %%-536805315.

6/3/2013 8:35:20 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7003] - The AVGIDSAgent service depends the following service: AVGIDSDriver. This service might not be installed.

6/1/2013 9:58:27 PM, Error: Server [2505] - The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{F68C44A2-B3A4-44B1-ADBB-6EF47889993A} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

5/31/2013 12:11:22 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7034] - The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

5/30/2013 12:07:14 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7009] - A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service to connect.

5/30/2013 12:07:14 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000] - The LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

5/30/2013 12:07:12 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7030] - The LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

==== End Of File ===========================

I have AVG uninstalled and I have also had trouble reinstalling Steam after my old hard drive died with it on it. For Steam I can't find the registry keys to fix the problem, is this related? Also MBAM keeps blocking rubyw.exe from connecting to the internet, yet it doesn't pick it up on scans and I can't find that file anywhere.

Thanks for all your help!

• Root Admin

Ruby is there. I don't like that its running out of a temporary file location myself.

As said, best thing is to follow the directions posted and have one of the Experts help you clean up your computer first.

Then if you're still having troubles with install or other PC issues you can post in the PC Help forum for help with that part.

Thanks