I can't use the mouse or click on anything else for around 45 seconds when the Facebook login screen appears.
i am running Vista Home Premium SP2.
This only happens the first time that i attempt to access facebook after either a reboot or when first starting up my notebook for the day.
I always close my browser after leaving facebook.
But when i try to access the facebook URL the following times (even if i use FF the first time and then IE the second), it only takes a couple of seconds for the FB login screen to appear.
This is the only URL which this is happening with.
With FB (in the lower left hand corner of my screen using Firefox) i see the following part of a URL before the entire PC locks up: "fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net...".
On the FB help pages this URL is supposed to be used to house such things as your photos, videos, etc. However, i haven't even entered my logon info, so how would the FB app know whose photo, etc. info to retrieve???
I have tried several things to fix this problem.
1. Full scan with malwarebytes. 0 problems.
2. Full scan with my antivirus sw. 0 problems.
3. scan of my registry searching for facebook. Did turn up several occurences mostly having to do with the Bing toolbar which I then removed.
Also, removed older references of FB in my registry. It is now void of any referrences to FB.
4. searched the Windows Event viewer Logs for the precise time that I hit Enter to go to the FB URL and could not find anything in the APP or SYS logs at that specific time.
5. left a request on FB Help for this problem, for which i received no "human" response.
All google references to the above URL indicate that FB uses this server address to load member photos and such.
But, as mention above, i haven't even logged into FB when the above problem occurs.
I have downloaded the mbam-check and dds execs, turned off my Firewall and Anti-virus SW and run these apps.
I am attaching the results.
If I can't find the answer to this problem, I am going to close my FB account. This, to me, is scary stuff.
Any other ideas of something else I might try to fix this problem?