My laptop doesn't respond after 5 minutes after startup

Xiduth

Hello community of malwarebytes, this is my first post and unfortunately its about a problem that just came up. A few days ago, I ran CCleaner and it deleted some registry errors and other things. However, after that day, my little Lenovo Thinkpad has started to stop responding to anything I do after 5 minutes of usage. I start it up normally, and go do something. However after 5 minutes, if i for example, click firefox, it will not start up, and my already opened window will crash. The laptop then becomes slow and doesn't allow me to do anything without that little loading cursor. At the top it usually says (Not Responding.) Even if I click start and shut-down, the laptop will not respond to that either. I have to manually turn it off which I heard is really bad! Thanks ahead of time and I'm not very good with computers so if something doesnt make sense feel free to ask me to clear it up.

Thanks ahead of time,

Eric

Run a Complete Check Disk ( CHKDSK /F)  Then use System Restore and restore the computer to a break point that was saved prior to the use of CCleaner.

NOTE:  In the future, do NOT do not let CCleaner "clean" or "fix errors" in the Registry and don't get any other software that makes those claims either.

"... after five minutes of usage ..."

it sounds like a problem other than registry entries .

perhaps a coincidence of over-heating the cpu due to a clogged air path .

if this is a new install of ccleaner ... what prompted you to install it ?

Run a Complete Check Disk ( CHKDSK /F)  Then use System Restore and restore the computer to a break point that was saved prior to the use of CCleaner.

NOTE:  In the future, do NOT do not let CCleaner "clean" or "fix errors" in the Registry and don't get any other software that makes those claims either.

Alright, doing that right now thanks.

"... after five minutes of usage ..."

it sounds like a problem other than registry entries .

perhaps a coincidence of over-heating the cpu due to a clogged air path .

if this is a new install of ccleaner ... what prompted you to install it ?

Well it was recommended to me by a friend, they said it worked really nice for them. Other than the problem I just started having, ccleaner has helped with clearing some unwanted files, deleted program shortcuts, etc...

I will check to see if it was a coincidence thanks for the info!

Will update as soon as I'm done with both suggestions.

if you made registry backups (the program can be told to prompt you do this before deleting any registry entries) ...

try re-installing the last batch of entries that were removed .

the crap file cleaner side of ccleaner does work well .

the registry side is not for the faint of heart .

they (meaning *all* of those registry cleaner outfits) can tout that their product is safe to use ...

i prefer to think of it as "sure , you can read a thin book on high explosives but that does not make one a powder monkey" .