Freeze on bootup with MBAM PRO

I just upgraded from the free version of Malwarebytes to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro.  A few minutes after I experienced exactly the same problem that ixl888 reported in his post above.  I had to boot in safe mode and while there I unchecked the the option of Malwarebytes starting when windows start - i.e. now the program will not run without me starting it.

Ron, I will do exactly what you told ixl888 to do.  I will try this tomorrow afternoon eastern time.

Hello, razz: :)

It looks as if your post may have been split off from another OP's thread.

In any event....

Sorry to hear you are having issues running Malwarebytes. In order to help you, the staff will need to review a few logs.

Please follow the instructions below and post back with the following logs as ATTACHMENTS to your next reply:

• Checkresults.txt from mbam-check
  • A couple of protection logs, if you have them
  • DDS.txt from DDS
  • Attach.txt from DDS

These will provide the MBAM staff with a bit of information that will help them to pinpoint the cause and the solution for you.

Thanks!

daledoc1

-----------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.
Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Step 2 -- Run DDS and create 2 logs:

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    --->You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Hi Ron.  Before running dds.com I totally disabled Comodo Internet Security Premium.  However, I had a problem - the dds.com scan ran for 10 minutes and I quit by rebooting - i.e. I was not able to get any log files from the scan because it never completed.  The dds.com display says that thew scan should not take more than 3 minutes.  Did I quit too soon?  What do you suggest now?  Thanks for your time.

Hi daledoc1.  Before I proceed with your instructions (Step 1 & 2) I need clarification regarding whether you want my Anti-virus program (Comodo Internet Security Premium) running or if it's OK if I have that disabled.  If Comodo is disabled then I can run MBAM, if Comodo is running when MBAM is running then I have very limited time.

:(  After my last post yesterday telling you guys all was well, things remained well until I shut off my PC in the evening.  This morning the same problem as before occured.  I then rebooted in safe mode and disabled Comodo Antivirus, Firewall & Defense.  I rebooted with normal startup and the problem was still there.  I once again went back into safe mode and disabled ThreatFire as well.  Upon reboot the same problem still there.  Back in safe mode I then disabled MBAM from staring with windows and enabled Comodo & ThreaFire again.  All is running fine now - i.e. without MBAM running.

So currently it appears that if MBAM is set to start with windows, then freeze on bootup occurs as soon as MBAM is running.

I have 2 questions before I proceed with your previous instructions (Step 1 & 2):

(1) Will  mbam-check be informative to you if MBAM is not running?

(2) Will running the DDS tool be of benefit to you if MBAM is not running?

Hi, razz:

To attach files:

Click "more reply options" button at lower right corner of message pane.

Then look for the paperclip at the lower left corner.

Then browse to & attach each of the logs:  DDS.txt, attach.txt and checkresults.txt.

Thanks,

daledoc1

PS Since you have 2 open topics for the same problem (this one and your previous post >>here<<, the mod team will likely either merge them or close one or the other. ;)

Thanks daledoc1.  I guess the mod team will likely leave this post (most recent) open & close the previous one.  I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that my problem was not solved after all.

Please see 6 attached files, as requested.

attach.txt

CheckResults.txt

dds.txt

protection-log-2013-09-06.txt

protection-log-2013-09-07.txt

protection-log-2013-09-08.txt

• Root Admin

Based on the logs the computer appears to probably be infected. 

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========.09/08/2013 8:30:24 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7023]  - The Superfetch service terminated with the following error:  The system cannot find the file specified.09/08/2013 8:29:44 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026]  - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:  Soluto09/08/2013 8:23:15 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:23:09 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}09/08/2013 8:23:09 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}09/08/2013 8:23:07 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments "" in order to run the server: {A47979D2-C419-11D9-A5B4-001185AD2B89}09/08/2013 8:23:07 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}09/08/2013 8:23:06 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}09/08/2013 8:22:59 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}09/08/2013 8:22:46 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026]  - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:  AFD cmdGuard cmdHlp DfsC discache inspect NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss Soluto spldr tdx Wanarpv6 WfpLwf09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error:  A device attached to the system is not functioning.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service depends on the Redirected Buffering Sub Sysytem service which failed to start because of the following error:  A device attached to the system is not functioning.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The SMB 2.0 MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The SMB 1.x MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Network Store Interface Service service depends on the NSI proxy service driver. service which failed to start because of the following error:  A device attached to the system is not functioning.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Network Location Awareness service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The IP Helper service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:  A device attached to the system is not functioning.09/08/2013 8:22:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error:  A device attached to the system is not functioning.09/06/2013 8:47:35 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/06/2013 8:47:32 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.09/06/2013 8:47:16 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026]  - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:  cmdGuard discache Soluto spldr TfFsMon TfSysMon Wanarpv6.==== End Of File ===========================