Windows 8 cant access some administration areas like uninstalling

nankura

hey guy's

Recently i went to uninstall a program, and when choosing to remove the program it comes up and says

"An error occured removing Saints Row IV, This program may have already been uninstalled, would you like to remove it from the list?"

Yet i know for sure that this is currently installed, it happen's on anything i want to uninstall, and when selecting yes, nothing happens and the yes has the windows shield icon next to it

I also cant access "Change user account" from the administration panel

Thing's ive tried

- Malwarebytes full scan found a PUP.Optional.Delta Virus - removed it in safemode and made sure all folders were deleted

- CCleaner registry scan and fix

I am also 110% sure my account is administrative. since when i first installed window's 8, these feature's were working just fine.

So im at a loss

Hello and :welcome:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file

- Malwarebytes full scan found a PUP.Optional.Delta Virus - removed it in safemode and made sure all folders were deleted

- CCleaner registry scan and fix

Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) are NOT viruses and can't really be called malware. They are a class od software that often surreptitiously get installed on a computer due to bundling other 'wares in a given application's installer or use deceptive practices to get the software installed.  Often for affiliate base per installation revenue.

It is a faux perception that all malware are "viruses".    Viruses are but a small arena self replicating malware.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses.  Malware is the overarching concept of all malicious software.

• Root Admin

This appears to be a VMware installation.  I would recommend at least shutting down the client OS.  Then shut down VMware and restart the main host computer.

If that does not work then look at restoring to a previous Last Known Good setting from pressing F8 during startup.

If that does not work then look at restoring to a previous SnapShot

If this is the actual host computer then try the Last Known Good.

The computer is experiencing some issues according to the Event Logs

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========.28/09/2013 3:49:40 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7009]  - A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the WerSvc service to connect.27/09/2013 7:15:38 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The AODDriver4.2.0 service failed to start due to the following error:  The system cannot find the file specified.27/09/2013 7:14:43 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}27/09/2013 7:14:34 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {9E175B68-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}27/09/2013 7:12:33 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}27/09/2013 7:11:44 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The HomeGroupProvider service depends on the fdPHost service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.27/09/2013 7:11:44 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}27/09/2013 7:11:37 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001]  - The Browser service depends on the LanmanServer service which failed to start because of the following error:  The dependency service or group failed to start.27/09/2013 7:11:36 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}27/09/2013 7:04:33 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service SkypeUpdate with arguments "/ComService" in order to run the server: {CC957078-B838-47C4-A7CF-626E7A82FC58}24/09/2013 9:21:53 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7009]  - A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client Service service to connect.24/09/2013 9:21:53 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The Steam Client Service service failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion..==== End Of File ===========================

• Root Admin

You can look at doing a System Restore hopefully from before running CCleaner or if that does not work, possibly look at what CCleaner did as it should have created a log and see if you can undo it.  If not then you're going to need to go into the Malware Removal section of the forum and run some tools to see if this can get fixed up.

If you can't get it working on your own then I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure if it's ok to revive old topic's

But this problem has flared up again. and i have no idea why, everything was fine for a phew weeks, running smoothly. i could use all the administrative area's in my user account. everything was great, i avoided any updates. i didnt use CCleaner

Then i had a small issue were i had to delete some malware. and i booted into safemode to do so, after returning from safemode. the problem returned.

Almost seem's like my administrative rights on my normal account have been tampered with somehow out of nowhere

Sorry for the double post, i just need to report that when i go to program files x86

And i check the "username/Administrator" account permission's, it has NO permissions at all

and my "username/user" only has basic permission's

When trying to edit the permissions for either i get the following error

"Can't open access control editor. the activation requires a display name be present under the CLSID Key"

• Root Admin

That sounds like it was not cleaned fully.  You may want to do another system refresh repair and see if that corrects it.  Then seek advice about cleaning any future infections and make sure  you always create a new System Restore point before doing any malware removal.

That sounds like it was not cleaned fully.  You may want to do another system refresh repair and see if that corrects it.  Then seek advice about cleaning any future infections and make sure  you always create a new System Restore point before doing any malware removal.

damn i was really hoping to avoid this. window's 8 is becoming a real pain, i never had these issue's with windows 7 in the past 5 years nor XP

then i switch to windows 8 and bam, everything goes under :/