(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

D:\Test\test.exe (BackDoor.Bifrost) -> No action taken. [01B441D6D9C052935158843F734AB7E8]

test.zip

I poked at it a bit more and it appears that it's the part of the EXE containing the icon that's triggering the false positive. If you compile the script with the default AutoIt icon it flags it as BackDoor.Bifrost. If you compile it with any other icon it's clean. Hope this narrows down your search.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3614

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

1/22/2010 9:12:30 AM

mbam-log-2010-01-22 (09-12-02).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (D:\|)

Objects scanned: 139789

Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 32 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

D:\Test\test.exe (BackDoor.Bifrost) -> No action taken. [01B441D6D9C052935158843F734AB7E8]

I made an identical report yesterday

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37215

Also much more frequently used by legitimate programmers such as myself. I encounter this each time I scan with MBAM and it's much more a nuisance than a desirable detection. This is pretty much like saying "we'll flag all programs written in Java as malware, but we might reduce that to a PUP, because a lot of malware is distributed by Java". Can you even hear how silly that sounds?

This detection came up rather recently and I was hoping it would go away just as quickly. But, it seems, false positives are seen as a "feature" :D here. May I politely join the imminent crowd in asking to reconsider this position?

We don't let you get away with much with auto IT as it is very frequently used by malware . We may change this to PUP but the detection is not going away .

So let me get this straight. You're saying that all compiled AutoIt scripts are malicious. How is that when I see many more legitimate uses than malicious? So you're going to block every other program created in any other language too? You're reasoning behind this is retarded to say the least. Last time I checked more people would use other languages to create malware than AutoIt. Just because AutoIt isn't as big (even though we have a thousand downloads per day.) you still want to block every single compiled program.

You can contact Jon (the creator) to get the information needed to be able to filter between malicious and legitimate AutoIt scripts.

Cheers,

Brett

So let me get this straight. You're saying that all compiled AutoIt scripts are malicious. How is that when I see many more legitimate uses than malicious? So you're going to block every other program created in any other language too? You're reasoning behind this is retarded to say the least. Last time I checked more people would use other languages to create malware than AutoIt. Just because AutoIt isn't as big (even though we have a thousand downloads per day.) you still want to block every single compiled program.

You can contact Jon (the creator) to get the information needed to be able to filter between malicious and legitimate AutoIt scripts.

Cheers,

Brett

We are working on better ways to refine this , for now the FPs should be gone .