732 error will not update

I had the Error code 732 (0,0) on my computer at work.

I am running free Malwarebytes and have Norton Internet Security 2010 installed, Windows 7.

I tried as suggested to uninstall/reboot/ run clean script/reboot/install but still same problem.

I got headache...

The I went home and the same happens on two computers:

XP Sp3 with NIS2010

Windows 7 with NIS 2010

I can ping mbam and it looks OK, so I have no more ideas.

Thanks for help.

AstroMax

Few more infos:

- at work: I also restored computer to previous working configuration (the one of this morning, mbam was OK, LAN settings are OK) but same error message on mbam update

- at home: I disabled NIS firewall (just to make sure) but still same problem, error code 732 (0,0).

- ping is OK on W7 and XP.

I think it is improbable to have the same problem on 3 PC's....

Thanks again.

Greetings AstroMax and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Please try the following steps to see if they resolve your issues:

Step 1: Verify Internet Connectivity of Internet Explorer:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.

[*]Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.

[*]Click on OK

[*]Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Once you've completed backing up your Registry, please do the following:

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box copy and paste the text in the following code box exactly as written and press Enter or click on OK:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

• Try updating again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 2

Step 2: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

Now try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once more.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hello again AstroMax :)

It does indeed appear that there is an issue with users in Italy currently. Generally when such a localized updating issue happens, it's caused by an ISP or server somewhere between the Malwarebytes network and the area you live in. For now you can use a tool such as Google DNS as referenced here by AdvancedSetup. Once the issue is resolved you won't need to use it any more.