How to install NTBACKUP for XP Home.
Note one: requires a genuine XP Home installation CD to carry out the below.
- Insert the installation XP CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- If the options/installation screen pops up, click on the Exit option.
- Double click on the desktop My Computer icon.
- Right click on the CD-ROM drive icon and select the option Open.
- Now click on the VALUEADD folder, then on the MSFT folder.
- Click again on the NTBACKUP folder.
- Then click on the NTBACKUP installer.
- Follow through the brief installation instructions and at the end click on the Finish option.
- Remove XP CD from CD-ROM Drive.
- To locate the newly installed Backup Utility:
- Click on Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Backup.
Utility for restoring backups made on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to computers running Windows Vista and Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008.
This Windows® operating system supplemental utility restores backups made on Microsoft® Windows XP and Windows Server® 2003 to computers running Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
This utility requires that the Removable Storage Management feature is enabled (see Instructions).
Note four: Instructions how to install for the above Operating Systems that are higher than XP can be read after validation prior to downloading.