Hijack.connectioncontrol

Weepnwillow

Is this a false positive? I have found this on several pc where I work and no matter how many times it is deleted and quarentined it comes back causing network issues... either not being able to stay connected to the network or network drives, cant stay connected to email nor internet. If effects different pc's different ways.

this is where it says it is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\control panel\ConnectionsTab (Hijack.ConnectionControl) -> Bad: (1) Good:

When I talk to our network admin he says its in a groupl policy and it is not an infection. Has anyone else gotten this result through malwarebytes? I am going insane trying to figure it out.

Greetings and welcome :D

My apologies that you didn't get a reply sooner. It is true that this item is not an actual infection, simply a policy. The reason that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detects this particular policy setting is because it is one often altered by malware infections, this allows you to fix the problem if that's what caused it. In this case, this policy was set by your systems administrator and therefore you should have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ignore this detection.

If you require any further assistance please post.