MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150,0,WinHttpQueryHeaders)

@ John C....

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

I have to be a little dull today, as I cannot find anyplace in my antivirus software or firewall to exclude files.

FIREFOX, I keep thinking about what you suggested, and am rather perplexed by it as the earlier version/versions run without. This problem cropped up within the past week or two, so I am suspicious about what may really been going on. I think it is something specific to my computer, as I am able to do updates on a computer that I use strictly for business.

John

Hi John C -

As these should be paid versions , by the use of corporate Symantic, then as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org -

Thank You -

Actually, I am using the free version of Malwarebytes. I have the corporate version of Symantec on my "personal" machine as I occasionally use it for work. So, I don't think they would appreciate my calling. The bad news is that that Malwarebytes does work on my "business" machine, implying that some setting, somewhere, is different.

John

Hi John C -

As these should be paid versions , by the use of corporate Symantic, then as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org -

Thank You -

I'm getting the same error on my work PC...AV is Symantec Endpoint and after a lot of playing around, I believe I do not have the ability to change settings in the AV...it is restricted by the Admins.

What was wrong with the updater from version 1.44? Worked fine. Plea ego back to that way, or I will be stuck with old definitions.

I downloaded version 1.45. When I try to do an update, I get the this error: MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150,0,WinHttpQueryHeaders). Any work around or suggestions as to how I can get updates?

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

follow these steps

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24058466-...rebytes-Ver-145

A solution is posted by "fruty" in the Malwarebytes Forum. You must open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and go into "settings" from there go to "updater settings" All three boxes should be checked and Proxy server:85.25.139.53 and Port:3128. This works perfectly. You do not need a username and password. Thanks "fruty" Oh yeah by the way I am using a Symantec product i.e. NIS2010.

Michael

and the update works perfectly.

• Staff
I'm getting the same error on my work PC...AV is Symantec Endpoint and after a lot of playing around, I believe I do not have the ability to change settings in the AV...it is restricted by the Admins.

What was wrong with the updater from version 1.44? Worked fine. Plea ego back to that way, or I will be stuck with old definitions.

As long as they're licensed corporate user they have access to corporate support via the email address below. corporate-support@malwarebytes.org.

They can assist you in this matter. Please provide your license information when requesting help.

If on he other hand they're not licensed they're in violation of our EULA and need to get compliant by purchasing a license.