Updating Malware bytes

Hi,

I have just recently started using Bee Think ip blocker, when I try to update Malware Bytes,

It blocks the updating process, mainly, blocks access to mwbyte.vo.llnwd.net at 087.248.205.254 and 087.248.205.253, both ip address Twilight Networks,

a third adress it blocks is ne1.wpc.edgecastcdn.net at 093.184.221.133 Edgecast net blk-04. When I unblock Bee think, it updates, are these Ip addresses correct for updating Malware bytes? or is anything sinister going on? I consulted google on Twilight Networks the general concensus is that it's a spider.

Thanks in advance.

I could not see how I could edit my post, so here is a supplement,

Using windows xp, 32bit, with avast 4.81367,

The error given on update was

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12029,0,Winhttpsendrequest).

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Luke7

avast! is at V5.0.545 that is much better than the old V4.81367 that is not supported any more.

I hope you are running XP SP3 with all the latest Critical Updates and performance enhancements.

HI ,

I'm using XP sp3 with all latest updates, I've added the exclusions to my Avast antivirus including ( data-cdn.mbamupdates.com) to webshield, and added it's IP to Beethink which it accepts in it's white list, however it still blocks the Ip'slisted above(mwbyte.vo.llnwd.net at 087.248.205.254 and 087.248.205.253), which seem to be, those that supply the updates as mentioned above when I unblock one of the above Ip's it seems to let mbam update, my worry is that these IP addresses are being blocked for a reason, avast 4.8 pro, for e.g. has no such problems updating, so why is mbam seeking these sites for update?

Thanks for your comments guys, any ideas?

Those IP addresses are simply part of the update network used by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. As to why Avast! 4.8 is blocking them, I don't know, but I do not believe that Avast! 5 blocks them.

Hi, avast is not blocking, Beethink IP blocker is , it's informing that both IP addresses mentioned above belong to Limelight Networks, on which a google search, suggests that said Limelight is a probable " Spider"?