Malwarebytes Activates Shuriken Heuristics Module

After a long beta development period, we've activated our Shuriken heuristics module in today's definitions (version 4390+). Under the Settings -> Scanner Settings tab in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, check "Enable advanced heuristics engine (Heuristics.Shuriken)" to enable this feature. Please let us know if you see it in action! If you experience any false positives, please report them here.

To keep up-to-date with all the latest news from the Malwarebytes team, sign up for our newsletter here!

Awesome! Thanks for the news! :rolleyes:

During beta testing, I always had two hits.

I'll run a quick scan later this morning and a full scan when I have time... if FP's are caught, where would you like us to post them? :lol:

Thanks Deke40 :lol:

I am quite familiar with the FP forum. Since this is a special scanning engine, I thought that maybe there might be a different place we should post any FP's found from Shuriken.

And after reading your post, I went back to Swandog46's first post and realized that he had linked to the forum you linked me to, so thanks :lol:

I am not fully awake this morning, I guess :rolleyes:

Must be as mine was already checked. I am running the paid version.
Mine too in MAM v1.46 free. I guess I was running with it the whole time so I didn't notice unless I missed something?