IsValidLicenseKey failed with error code 13

Hello ComputerRehab and :(

If you have a free version it is on demand, in case of paid version you have to register by entering ID and Key. Once registered, it will provide real-time protection. Please post back should you have any question(s)

It is a paid version and one day I started getting this error.

I have since put in another id/key because I wanted the live protection.

I guess I am wondering if the key could have been removed by an other program or the key was damaged.

ComputerRehab: What do you mean by the above statement? It must be the original ID & Key that you received via email, please keep in mind it is a life-time liscence for one and only one system. Alternatively as a paying customer you can contact support@malwarebytes.org

I have multiple keys, too many to find which key I had in this system.

Hi -

(Edited due to information from GT500 )

To remove or enter a new Key and ID this FULL procedure is required to clean out the old one - That may be your error -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :(

Hi -

When you clicked on Register , the box should have contained the Key And ID -

When an ID and Key fail to validate, they are deleted from the Windows registry, and would need to be reentered. When an ID and Key for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are stored in the Windows registry the 'Register' button will not be visible in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Note that sometimes, when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will not accept an ID and Key, you need to reinstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the instructions below:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Download and run this utility to make sure that everything was removed (it is possible that you may see an error while running it, please note that this is normal and it just means that a part of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware that it was trying to remove had already been completely removed by the uninstaller).
  4. Please allow the utility you ran in the previous step to restart your computer. If you do not, then please restart your computer manually before proceeding to the next step.
  5. Download a fresh copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by clicking this link to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com or MajorGeeks), and then install it.
  6. If you have purchased a license, then you will need to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again with your ID and Key. If you need assistance with this, then please let me know.

If the error 13 (previously mentioned) is "Run-time error '13'" this is the fix -

Please do the following, use the instructions appropriate to your version of Windows:

Fix MBAM Run-time error '13': Type mismatch problem in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Regional & Language Options
  • Click on Customize...
  • Click on the Time tab
  • In the Time format box, click the drop-down menu and select hh:mm:ss tt
  • In the Time separator box, click the drop-down menu and select :
  • In the AM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select AM
  • In the PM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select PM
  • Click Apply then click OK then click Apply then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box
  • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a Quick Scan

Fix MBAM Run-time error '13': Type mismatch problem in Windows Vista:

• Click the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Open Regional & Language Options
  • Click on Customize this format...
  • Click on the Time tab
  • In the Time format box, click the drop-down menu and select hh:mm:ss tt
  • In the AM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select AM
  • In the PM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select PM
  • Click Apply then click OK then click Apply then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box
  • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a Quick Scan

Thank You -