Sys6925.Config Collection.sys

Guest DasFox

• 1 month later...
Description of sys6925.Config Collection.sys

Sys6925.Config Collection.sys is a file created by some rogue programs. This file itself is harmless, if you use a Notepad to open it, you will see just two lines text in the file, usually if you find this file in this folder "%UserProfile\Application data", there must be some other malware running in your computer.

I would suspect an infection of some type , This is a Suspect linked to Rogue Viruses -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)

Guest DasFox

I'm an IT Tech that works in computer technology especially malware and I don't have any malware on my system, nor at anytime in my life as a PC geek have I ever installed rogue ware into my system or have ever been infected, expect once because of a mistake I made in the past 25 years in computing.

I'm the geek you come to when you have problems, I don't have them on my box...

I only have for a lack of better words, branded apps, like VLC, Firefox, CCleaner, Avira, types of apps on my system...

I know the differences between branded apps and rogue and then how malware gets into the system if it tries and sneeks in...

THANKS

Hi -

This information was found in 20 seconds by a simple Google search -

I am not saying you have installed an infection deliberatly , but you must know of Drive By infections -

You do not need to install a program to have one of these items hit you without knowing - I have had similar problems researching these items -

As you asked for an explanation of the item , this was just what was returned when I researched it -

You can Google the item yourself and you should get the same results -

Thank You -

Guest DasFox
Hi -

This information was found in 20 seconds by a simple Google search -

I am not saying you have installed an infection deliberatly , but you must know of Drive By infections -

You do not need to install a program to have one of these items hit you without knowing - I have had similar problems researching these items -

As you asked for an explanation of the item , this was just what was returned when I researched it -

You can Google the item yourself and you should get the same results -

Thank You -

Of course I looked on Google before I came here asking...

Please show me what you found...

THANKS

KILLALL::

FileLook::

c:\documents and settings\Vanessa\Application Data\Sys6925.Config Collection.sys

c:\windows\Sys3390 SettingsCollection.bin

DirLook::

c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\TMP

Registry::

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]

One Removal process for that file -

The above item was from another removal forum - Adaware Away.com -

EDIT -

What results did you find , if any , or were they not the same as mine ??

This item lists the file and one removal

Guest DasFox
One Removal process for that file -

The above item was from another removal forum - Adaware Away.com -

EDIT -

What results did you find , if any , or were they not the same as mine ??

This item lists the file and one removal

I legit program is installing this, I just reinstalled my box but didn't pay attention to the few apps I installed and it's there again, so I'll watch them one by one and report back later...

Guest DasFox
After a Full search on my XP I am not able to locate the item anywhere on my system -

There must be an App that is not common in a regular system that you have installed -

Do a System Search to try and locate it -

Thank You -

I found the culprit, LOL... JV16 Power Tools 2010 is installing this;

http://www.macecraft.com/

So I sent them an email asking about this and also placed a post on their forum too;

http://www.macecraft.com/phpBB3/viewtopic....f=26&t=4241

Looking forward to hearing what they say.

Malwarebytes does not recommend these programs as they are liable to make changes to the registry without permission -

Many of them are unsuitable for general use and are generally useless in their claims -

Note: We also attempted to install and test RegCure, RegToy and XP Repair Pro products
Of the ones they tested I would only use CCleaner , and even then they gave false information on that program -

If this is the type of program that it is (as samples listed above) then I would never install it on my unit or any unit I worked on -

Thank you for updating us on this program -

NOTE : Please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply

I'm an IT Tech that works in computer technology - If this is true then you would be running XP SP3 not SP2 -

Guest DasFox
Malwarebytes does not recommend these programs as they are liable to make changes to the registry without permission -

Many of them are unsuitable for general use and are generally useless in their claims -

Of the ones they tested I would only use CCleaner , and even then they gave false information on that program -

If this is the type of program that it is (as samples listed above) then I would never install it on my unit or any unit I worked on -

Thank you for updating us on this program -

NOTE : Please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply

I'm an IT Tech that works in computer technology - If this is true then you would be running XP SP3 not SP2 -

JV16 happens to be a great tool in the hands of the experienced for many things, and not simply just the BS hype about cleaning your registry to make your computer run faster, LOL...

There is also nothing wrong with CCleaner, I've used it for many years, what false information are you talking about?

Also I am running SP3, I didn't update the box because I was playing with it and jumping to assumptions about me on SP2 when you don't know what people are doing, well, just stop and think and ask next time, because that's rubbish saying if I was an IT Tech you should be running SP3...

I found it in XP Pro SP2 under this path:

I'm an IT Tech that works in computer technology

These are not any of my statements - You must have been running SP2 at the time , as the problem is not an installed item -

CCleaner has only one item that can be Unchecked in the download for Yahoo , and CCleaner slim will not even have the Yahoo item -

The claim is by JV 16 is that CCleaner downloads the toolbar - Wrong - Also in some of their own Personal test reports -

That is basically what I meant -

Guest DasFox
These are not any of my statements - You must have been running SP2 at the time , as the problem is not an installed item -

CCleaner has only one item that can be Unchecked in the download for Yahoo , and CCleaner slim will not even have the Yahoo item -

The claim is by JV 16 is that CCleaner downloads the toolbar - Wrong - Also in some of their own Personal test reports -

That is basically what I meant -

SP2 - SP3 it doesn't matter, either way JV16 Power Tools 2010 installs the Sys6925.Config Collection.sys

CCleaner has no such options for any toolbar...

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Guest DasFox

Yeah Yeah my bad, not sure what I was thinking.

Big deal you can uncheck it if you get the regular version, it's not like they're sneeking it in on you, if you can't read then grab the slim, LOL...

Sheesh... :welcome:

please mind your tone of worlds and with sp2 installed you dont get any updates to windows so you need to install sp3 or YOU will get infected it not how its just a matter of time.

Note

There's no SP3 for the 64-bit version of Windows XP. If you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP with SP2, you have the latest service pack and will continue to be eligible for support and receive updates until April 8, 2014.