Malwarebytes chat room

Hi

I think MalwareBytes should have a chat room. It would make it faster for people to reply to u, and people can chat there for fun. There could be atleast 1 mod observing the chat, and all the hounorary members, rogue reporters, malware hunters, experts, e.t.c should have a feature to kind of also have a bit of control over the chat since they are trusted on the forums and have experience.

Now who's with me!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a cool idea. I am NOT on staff or anything, but I am not sure how feasible that would be.

A forum is pretty much like a chat room; it's just not totally real time; but it is very close :) Personally I think that the forum is fine.

yes but u can chat for fun, ask simple questions, and thinks like that! and its almost like remote controlling someones PC. u could give them the instructions, and if they need run into any problems while doing them, the expert can just help them really quick, instead of making a new post, and wait a minimum of couple of minutes, to around a couple of days! and to be honest, i get board on the forums... and people can help each other really quick! I also think that more people will join the malwarebytes community.

its a good idea, but I think it would get abused, and folks would just want to jump in front of others being helped.... I think the way the forum works now is great, not perfect but it works....

@ IDKWatMNShouldBe, not sure how you could get board here, there is so much wealth and information here.....

I would be in favor of one for general chat, but not for one to request help in, as this introduces "jumping in front of the line" ideas that we probably do not like to promote.

I don't have any control over the site so I have no means to implement this.

Robert?

I agree.:)

This is something I've thought about, but there are a lot of things that need to be discussed before it can be a reality. At some point in the future I do see this happening, but just not any time too soon.

There is.:) Just make sure to secure it with mbam and some other security.:)

I would be in favor of one for general chat, but not for one to request help in, as this introduces "jumping in front of the line" ideas that we probably do not like to promote

Robert?

I strongly second, if anything like this happens (help), it must be restricted to Staff members ONLY, to avoid even slightest chance of misguidance

Guest garybear

I'm a newbie to the forum, but I can see a problem with this. Someone like myself wants to help members, but I might not have all the correct answers;however if I don't have a big ego, I could be corrected by staff. That way we all learn. I some times think I know more than I do, but I have no problem being corrected. Those who get a little pushy could be asked to back off a little in a nice way. I'm out of my league here, but that's my 2 cents.

Garybear

Re : Chat room - It seems that this idea has been attempted by several forums in the past - Many without success -

Usually it tends to break into Flame wars , Insults , Normally un postable items , and several items removed during each day - (totally unsuitable items)

The Moderators left in charge of some of the chat rooms eventually ended a few of these -

The rules required would be almost as strict as we have in our General Chat Area , so I see no need for adding an extra section for this -

Our General Chat area suits the purpose required for this idea - You can request general help , ask for redirection , or just add opinions -

Too hard - Too much time/space needed - A full time Moderator - Hands up any Mods ?? - Nothing already covered here - eg Hon Mem and Experts areas -

My Personal Opinion Only -

For everyone who is not familiar with IRC: a chat channel isn't the same thing as a forum; its more about socializing and less about problem solving. Usually people who ask for help in a forum related IRC channel are referred to the appropriate cleaning guide, forum, and so on.

It is just a personal preference; some like it, others don't. :)

[...]

A forum is pretty much like a chat room; it's just not totally real time; but it is very close :) Personally I think that the forum is fine.

Chat Rooms are for fast typists that don't use just 3 fingers to type while looking back and forth between the keyboard and monitor. I'm just one voice in a crowd of 44,000 but I, for one, will never support an IRC channel type chat room, or any other type "chat room". I, as MT16 says, think the forum(s) are just fine.

As for priorities, I'd like to see our forum software updated to 3.1 so we have the same benefits as the staff does on their internal 3.1 forum. :) :)

JMHO,

~Shy