Digital defender antivirus free

Guest Bomb123

Hello i allways like to try different antivirus programs and now i have found this one antivirus called digital defender free

So i would like to ask that is it a good antivirus or should i just use some antivirus like antivir or avast?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Links to external sites removed - please use caution when posting links to external sites

@Buttons

most likely those are false positives. and the site doesn't look like it distributes malware. Also watch this review.

And also on YouTube they don't make reviews on how to remove it, they test it.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...fender&aq=f

Look at google search, no removal instructions and know one says its a rogue.

I just downloaded and installed in my Virtual Machine and found several issues.

1. No real-time protection unless you buy

2. No manual scans unless you buy

3. No proxy configuration unless you buy

4. Endlessly waits for engine to respond

4. Comparison charts misleading

All in all a worthless program. Nothing good about it as almost every feature needs payment according to the settings regardless of the site.

Screenshot-7.png

2.png

:):):):)

Edit to add:

If you are going to have a free AV (and claim that your product is free), have it be fully functional and free.

If you want to charge for your product, that's totally fine. Just don't call it a FREE download/program and then basically have no features unless you pay. That's deceptive advertising and not ethical in my opinion. I would not recommend something that does that and I would not use it.

Or, if you want to charge, have a fully-functional product that's good for at least a week. (Most software trials let you have 15 or 30 or 60 days before you have to pay).

All in all a worthless program. Nothing good about it as almost every feature needs payment according to the settings regardless of the site.

:) :) junk ? what's it called has the staff checked it out yet ??

If you are going to have a free AV (and claim that your product is free), have it be fully functional and free. If you want to charge for your product, that's totally fine. Just don't call it a FREE download/program and then basically have no features unless you pay. That's deceptive advertising and not ethical in my opinion. I would not recommend something that does that

I'm with Mountaintree if its not fully function its worthless & shouldn't call itself free AV

-First post moved-

Opps yeah they must have started charging for real time. However I think the prevention AV is free but I may be wrong. Prevention owned the code for it first which I licensed from Virusbuster. Digital Defender then licensed the code from Prevention so it seems to be they started charging but you can get Prevention Av free still (I think unless they are charging now to.)

It can't really be called a fake av because it does not really tick any boxes of being one. Yes you have to pay to scan but that does not make it malicious. Wrong biz move most likely but they got a real staff team working with a real engine (VirusBuster).

Digital Defender. Supposedly claims to offer real-time protection along with several things, but fails to do so.

@Buttons: I guess you misunderstood it. I have tested it several times. And even after the last update the free version offered

1. Realtime Protection

2. Manual scanning

It only lacks 1. Removable Drive scanning

2. Scheduled scanning.

and some thing more. I forgot those.

The main problem I faced is that it is extremely slow in scanning and removal. Also also not as light as promised.