Malwarebytes vs. AVG Free 2011

OK, here's a list of everything I've tried so far, and note that none of it has worked to resolve the issue:

• Added files from MBAM to the Resident Shield Exclusions list in AVG 2011.
  • Added files from MBAM to the PUP Exceptions list in AVG 2011.
  • Added files from MBAM to the Identity Protection Allowed list in AVG 2011.
  • Disabled LinkScanner in AVG 2011.
  • Disabled Identity Protection in AVG 2011.
  • Disabled IP Protection in MBAM.

I don't see anything else I can disable/edit in the AVG 2011 settings that may help resolve the issue. Our QA department will have to pursue this further with our development team, and see if they can find the cause.

Try to disable the resident shield from AVG -

This seems to be the only added issue that is causing problems -

AVG seems to state that their new version is "closer" to MBAM and they only want you to use the one product in real time -

It works OK with the free version , but seems it is only the Shield that is the problem at this time ??

EDIT -

AVG 2011 is a combined real time anti-virus / anti-spyware protection. Even an FAQ relating to Windows Defender, which is disabled with the install of AVG, states it is generally not recommend to use more than one security product on one computer.... Have a look @ FAQ #2672 http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-2672#num-2672.
It seems that AVG has now decided to only let you use their program and you must remove all others now ---

EDIT -

It seems that AVG has now decided to only let you use their program and you must remove all others now ---

That's not good at all. If I were still using AVG that would be enough to make me (this is my opinion) drop them, unless of course they fixed the problem in a timely manner. No way do I or would I want to go without Malwarebytes ever again.

Is it Malwarebytes free or paid for version. If it's the latter this has realtime (residential) protection which should be disabled.

Based on this it seems that either we lose customers or they will -

AVG no longer wants ANY other A/Malware or Firewall used with their program (not even your M/soft firewall) -

AVG no longer wants ANY other A/Malware or Firewall used with their program (not even your M/soft firewall) -

If avg wishes to do this, just junk them. :) They are risking users for the sake of money. :) :) :) Don't trust any company that does this. By putting you at risk, you could have identity theft at the cost of them making a buck. :)

I sure hope this issue can be fixed, I sell both AVG anti-virus & Mbam to my customers. Realistically not 1 program will ever be 100% at protecting the system and thats why its recommened to secure with layers of protection. If AVG can not get over this fact then this maybe the time I will have to give my users a choice, pick one or the other. This doesn't seem like the most logically solution.... Kicking AVG to the curb could be one option, how ever a lot of my customers love AVG and renew it religiously through me which would mean loss profits, they need to fix this issue before this causes some serious down time and customer loss

Our VP of Development has informed me that version 1.47 (which we hope to be able to release within the next few weeks) will contain some new technology that should alleviate compatibility issues like this. Once I get my hands on the beta I will make certain to test it with AVG 2011. :welcome:

Until this week AVG free and Malwarebytes Paid have been a good solution for protection, but since AVG 2011 free was released cant stop lock ups. I experienced the same problem trying to use Malwarebytes and Panda Antivirus together. Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem or if I need to go shopping yet again for a good Antivirus software to run with Malwarebytes.

I'm using Avira Antivir together with Malwarebytes and I have no problems.

Great news, Looking forward to the new 1.47 edition of mbam, if you guys need a beta tester, let me know admin@nicklockard.com

• 7 months later...

Until this week AVG free and Malwarebytes Paid have been a good solution for protection, but since AVG 2011 free was released cant stop lock ups. I experienced the same problem trying to use Malwarebytes and Panda Antivirus together. Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem or if I need to go shopping yet again for a good Antivirus software to run with Malwarebytes.

You're in denial, Eric. If THREE Antivirus programs are locking-up on your computer, it's a very safe bet that the problem lies with your computer and not the software.