MBAM VS Keyloggers

Ardamax Keylogger is a commercial computer surveillance tool that tracks user activity and records all keystrokes
Hi -

Ardamex is not a Malware program from what I can find - If it is not Malware then Malwarebytes will not detect it -

However if you Google Ardamax there are listings for it -

Thank You -

Hi again -

I think not - The program is not actually Malware from what I find - SAS should not detect it -

A link Here from spyware.com seems to think we can remove it , but I am not sure about this -

You can read it and see what you think - Do not click on the advertising links (eg. Free Scan Now), only the main program links -

Thank You -

Tnx for the info noknojon and Admin.

Btw my mistake posting not clearly explanation.

This was the full story.

My cousin accidentally download a Ardamax. After downloading Avast detect it and block.

I reboot his computer and scan again using Avast, Mbam and SAS all clean.

I hope the system is clean.

Tnx noknojon for response.

I know the site which he told me but i think is should not post it here for security purposes.

The site is more on online game hacks.

Btw i didnt open the site you given to me because of the bad reputation and install a rogue on the advertise links.

For safety purposes. Sory Nok.

Anyway i research for removing Ardamax.

I check this on the system and looks i dont have any of this.

A good look Expertise i much appreciate.

HOW TO REMOVE SPYWARES/KEYLOGGERS MANUALLY

1. Backup your computer system before proceeding. To do so, click the Windows "Start" button and select "All Programs." Select "Accessories" and choose "System Tools." Click "System Restore" to open the System Restore wizard.

2. Click the "Create a new restore point" button and choose "Next." Type the name for the restore point and click "Create." This will back up your computer by creating a restore point you can come back to if you accidentally make an error.

3. Press "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Delete" together to open the Windows Task Manager. Click the "Processes" tab. Scroll down and click "akl.exe." Select "End Process." Perform the same procedure to the following remaining processes: akv.exe, and nsk.exe. Close the Windows Task Manager.

4. Click the Windows "Start" button and click "Run" or "Start Search" (Windows Vista users). Type "regedit" (without quotes) and press "Enter" to open the registry.

5. Press "F3" to open the search window. Search for and delete the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\Ardamax Keylogger

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\NSK

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ardamax Keylogger Lite

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\App Paths\akl.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Ardamax Keylogger

Close the registry.

6. Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Search." Click "All Files and Folders" to open the search box. Click "More Advanced Options" and place a check on all the options. Search for and delete the following files: akl.exe, akv.exe, nsk.exe, il.dll, kh.dll, akv.ini and settings.ini.

7. Double-click "My Computer" on your desktop and select the "C:" drive. Double-click the "Program Files" folder and delete the Ardamax Keylogger and NSK folders.

8. Empty the recycle bin and restart your computer to complete the removal process.

Ardamax is not a malware.

What my head asking is?...

A malware or spyware can be activated even not running the file or opening the program. Right?

So.

If Ardamax is a legit keylogger? then it will not be activate if not opening the file or running .exe right?

Ex: the ardamax is still save on my document but i didnt open it. So? It cant steal my account information when typing keyboard?

I hope you got my point..

If im wrong please correct.

Tnx!

Hi -

That is OK - The site I linked is a good site and helps with spyware removal -

You seem to have used the same directions that are listed on the site that I gave you to look at -

Many of the online game hack sites are dangerous , so I hope you keep your Malwarebytes updated if you do visit these sites -

Ardamax is a program for you to use and keep track of others that use your computer , so it is usually safe -

http://www.ardamax.com/info_akll.html - This is the REAL site for Ardamax - Very safe site - Please READ it -

Good Luck and Thank You for visiting - :)

the ardamax is still save on my document but i didnt open it. So? It cant steal my account information when typing keyboard?
Hi -

You can Right click and scan any document with Malwarebytes -

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 Public Beta
www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: 5160
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
21/11/2010 8:52:40 PM
mbam-log-2010-11-21 (20-52-40).txt
Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 4
Time elapsed: 23 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
Registry Keys Infected:
Registry Values Infected:

This is one file I just scanned - As long as it is not a zip file then you can scan any file -

(Malwarebytes will detect malware loggers but not legit ones due to a growing corp user base where logging software is often mandatory.)

If ardamax is LEGIT it will not harm you or you can leave it in Documents - It will not activate untill you fully install the program -

The file can stay in there for ever if it is not being used - If you want to use it then scan it first , that is what I showed you -

You must activate it first - It will not activate unless you open the file and run it -

Why do you want to keep this file if you are not sure about it ????

I must go now , but someone else may add to the answer - I think I have now answered the question fully -

I'm not keeping the file.

Avast block it and I'll tell him never to download that cheat again.

I'm just asking a scenario..

What if Avast Block the file but missed something else...

What if the file is downloaded but didn't run it.

Ok. All question is answered.

Tnx and Godbless!