Server OS for MBAM?

More than an year ago I had a client which server was very badly infected . Although I recommended them reinstall , they didn't want to.

I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on that server (Windows 2003) and it worked very well just like on a workstation.

Generally , servers are not monitored or not monitored all the time . If MBAM detects a threat in real-time , it will block access to the file (which is the most important things) but the pop-up waiting for an action will stay there.

You can use MBAM to scan your server(s). I guess MBAM can be installed on all Windows servers but most likely you might need to enter few exclusions.

Thank you for posting, but I am looking for guidance from the actual developers.

I realize that a lot of users think they can use it on Server OS's - which is exactly why I posted this question.

I thought I found a link to a "Network Solution" here the other day, but now can't find it.

Got it - message sent.

If any of the Moderators do know the answer, I would appreciate a public comment about it.

My intent is to link this string to provide documented guidance.

Can the FREE downloadable Malwarebytes application be installed and run on a Windows Server OS platform?

Whatever the answer is, it should be clarified on the download page.

It can be run on the Server platforms, yes, I run them on the server platforms myself - however, unless you're in front of the servers, or have physical access to them (excluding RDC), you'll need the network specific addon that's available through corporate.

I've no idea why it's not mentioned on the download page, but will make sure it gets brought to the attention of the team responsible for the website.

• Staff

There is a network solution for corporate and other networks, but you'd be best speaking to the corporate team as they know more about it than I do;

corporate@malwarebytes.org

Corporate support is actually reached via the email below:

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org

To qualify for business support services, you MUST HAVE a valid annual subscription and able to provide the following information for verification purposes.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

TeMerc -

Please note that I am not actually looking for "Corporate Support".

I am an avid MBAM user and I install it on my customer's computers (licensed versions) as a matter of course. I buy and register 10 licenses at a time to take advantage to the discounted price.

My entire question is simply this:

Can the FREE version of Malwarebytes be installed an run on all versions of Microsoft Server OS?

I understand that it CAN be installed and run on 64 bit Windows 7, but I am concerned that a generic recommendation of "download and install MBAM" should not be used improperly.

Thank you.

• Staff

TeMerc -

Please note that I am not actually looking for "Corporate Support".

I am an avid MBAM user and I install it on my customer's computers (licensed versions) as a matter of course. I buy and register 10 licenses at a time to take advantage to the discounted price.

My entire question is simply this:

Can the FREE version of Malwarebytes be installed an run on all versions of Microsoft Server OS?

I understand that it CAN be installed and run on 64 bit Windows 7, but I am concerned that a generic recommendation of "download and install MBAM" should not be used improperly.

Thank you.

As MysteryFCM already said, yes it does run, but it's not officially supported. You can only get support from corporate being a licensed user. Our team has enough experience to handle any situation you come across.

As MysteryFCM already said, yes it does run, but it's not officially supported. You can only get support from corporate being a licensed user. Our team has enough experience to handle any situation you come across.

I trust you guys implicitly to just plain old 'handle it' - thanks for the clarification about it not being officially supported.

BTW - I like that interface for the new Network Solution, but will have to be careful not to confuse it with my ePO console!

:unsure:

Are you installing MBAM as corporate licenses or are you just buying 10 consumer licenses and installing them on your customers computers?

If you are installing these in a business you have to buy corporate licenses.

Are you installing MBAM as corporate licenses or are you just buying 10 consumer licenses and installing them on your customers computers?

If you are installing these in a business you have to buy corporate licenses.

Just one at a time.

I run a small repair shop and am just sick and tired of disinfecting computers - sometimes 3-4 times a year for the same customer.

The combination of MSE and MBAM has been working wonders for me (and my sanity).

• Root Admin

Normally a consumer would not be using a Server OS except maybe in the case of MS Home Server.

In any case, if this is a business then the purchase and use of a Consumer license is not appropriate. Any business, corporate, government, educational, non-profit organization needs to contact Sales to obtain proper licensing as it requires a yearly renewal fee.

The Server OS is not officially supported however we do have thousands of customers that do run it on just about every server version Microsoft makes without issues. The Server can have many other challenges that a personal computer does not and requires special considerations when working with one.

For all business use please contact Sales as requested and they can provide you with proper licensing or more details as needed.

Thank you

It can be run on the Server platforms, yes, I run them on the server platforms myself - however, unless you're in front of the servers, or have physical access to them (excluding RDC), you'll need the network specific addon that's available through corporate.

Ron , can you post few more details about this network specific add-on ?