@mhein & faircot:
I think you both may have posted to the wrong subforum -- this particular board is for discussion about processes in the Windows startup folders.
I think you probably want to PM a mod or admin to ask to move this thread here: http://forums.malwar...hp?showforum=41
, the general MBAM forum.
In the interim, and until an expert arrives, I have a couple of thoughts:
1) I assume you are both running MBAM PRO (the paid version), since the FREE version does not offer real-time-protection or the option to start at windows startup?
2) Have you checked to be sure you have created all the necessary FW and AV exclusions and permissions for MBAM (and conversely, that have you added these programs to MBAM's ignore list)? The precise instructions depend on your OS and the brand and version of your AV and FW. A general FAQ on this is here: http://forums.malwar...showtopic=10138
3) Sometimes, minor issues can be resolved with a clean MBAM reinstall, following the procedures below:
MBAM Clean Re-installation Instructions:
NOTE: You need to be logged in as an administrator.
1. Download and run mbam-clean.exe
It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so -- very important!
2. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus (AV) and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
. (Note: Ignore any promos or ads for other software/products at the mirror sites; and there is no fee to download MBAM Free.)
You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.
3. Launch MBAM (and set the Protection and Registration, if you are using the PRO version).
4. Go to the UPDATE
tab, if not done during installation, and check for updates.
5. Restart the computer again (and, if you are using the PRO version, verify that the MBAM icon is in the system tray).
6. Set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here
, or ask and we'll explain how to do it. (Specific steps depend on the AntiVirus software vendor & version, and on your computer's OS).
7. Restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.
8. Add the program folder(s) for your AV and FW to MBAM's "Ignore List".(Let us know if you need help with this.)
9. Set up your scheduled updates & scheduled scans (this only applies to the PRO version). Scheduler help is available here
10. Run an MBAM Quick Scan.
PS @faircot: I see you are running WinPatrol. Have you checked the "startup" tab to be sure you don't have WinPatrol set to block MBAM loading at startup?