Right Click Failure

Hello pepegot1,

There is an option under the Settings tab that controls this. Go to the Settings tab and under General settings put a check mark next to the option "Create right click context menu." This will enable right click scanning again.

Hello pepegot1,

There is an option under the Settings tab that controls this. Go to the Settings tab and under General settings put a check mark next to the option "Create right click context menu." This will enable right click scanning again.

Unfortunately, the right click box was checked. I re-did it but, still no option appears.

Hello pepegot1,

Could there be a registry entry that could fix it?

Go ahead and follow the instructions below for a clean install.

Part 1: Run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. If this tool displays an error, continue on with reinstall please.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Part 2: Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the link below to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (Please ignore all the ads and promotions. This download is free.).

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation, selecting options you desire when presented.

Let me know the results.

Go ahead and follow the instructions below for a clean install.

Part 1: Run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. If this tool displays an error, continue on with reinstall please.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Part 2: Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the link below to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (Please ignore all the ads and promotions. This download is free.).

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation, selecting options you desire when presented.

The problem was not solved-no affect noted.

Let me know the results.

I tried some *.exe files. One time it appeared but, I was unable to reproduce it again. When I first ran MWB, it show several Trojan viruses were present. I removed them with the software. This is a new computer so, I find this hard to believe.

How long ago did you lose this option? Do you remember anything happening or you downloading anything when you lost that option?

If this change happened recently, then I would suggest a system restore. You can access this option by clicking on the Start button>All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore. Go through the System Restore and choose a point in time when this option was working. You can then restore the computer to that point.

If that does not work, or causes some other issue, then you can always undo the System Restore by going back to System Restore in the Start menu.

I got the answer-it is not Malwarebytes fault. I use Powerdesk 8 as my file manger. It is there were the problem exists. I have already contacted them regarding the issue. I hope to see the remedy in a forthcoming patch. In my Win XP computer, Powerdesk showed the malwarebytes option to scan upon right clicking. I naturally assumed it would do the same in Win 7 but, I was wrong-bad to assume anything in computing without public verification. Upon using the right click in Win 7 Explorer, the Option to scan became available. At least now I have a work around until the patch comes. Thanks for your prompt assistance.