Registry infected & fragmented
Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:58 PM
Unless it's a setting I am unaware of, I have no clue why it's doing this.
The only thing I have found that keeps it from turning on is to unplug the power source.
It's all very odd.
Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:57 AM
I noticed last night it seems to turn itself back on at midnight (12:00 am). I tried checking the settings to see if I could see anything and what I was able to check/find was limited, but didn't show anything unusual.
Thank you for helping!
Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:48 AM
I appreciate your patience, dedication & tenacity in getting to the root of the problem.
You are wonderful!!!
Have a fabulous day!!!
Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:09 PM
I highly recommend the PRO version of MBAM; with it, it's likely that this issue would have been prevented in the first place.
Now that your computer seems to be in proper working order, please take the following steps to help prevent reinfection:
1) Download and install Javacool's SpywareBlaster, which will prevent malware from being installed on your computer. A tutorial on it can be found here.
2) Go to Windows Update frequently to get all of the latest updates (security or otherwise) for Windows.
3) Make sure your programs are up to date! Older versions may contain security risks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run Secunia's Software Inspector.
4) WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
- Green to go
- Yellow for caution
- Red to stop
5) Be sure to update your Antivirus and Antispyware programs often!
Finally, please also take the time to read Tony Klein's excellent article on: So How Did I Get Infected in the First Place?
Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:39 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.
Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users