Strange registry key.!

Arnold72

@ Arnold72,

Why is the checkbox checked on Windows services ? Why play with fire?

I thought you'd previously indicated you were staying out of the registry.

ref http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=115308

yea, even a well-intentioned registry run in CCleaner can result in a botched system.

@ Arnold72,

Why is the checkbox checked on Windows services ? Why play with fire?

I thought you'd previously indicated you were staying out of the registry.

ref http://forums.malwar...howtopic=115308

yea, even a well-intentioned registry run in CCleaner can result in a botched system.

You are absolutely correct.the services is checked although i dont recall checking it.

This is by far the safest and only cleaner i truly trust.

Is there any ccleaner tutorials which show what can be safely ticked.?

Any thoughts on ccenhancer?

Regards and thank you. :D

Interesting reading there about the registry and i never use them.From what i gather ccleaner is about the safest cleaner and ive never had a problem with it.

I know most registry cleaners if not all are complete junk.But ive also seen reviews etc which explain that a registry cleaner will be needed at some point to solve minor registry issues and this has been discussed on some major forums.

Hello forum.

Ive recently reinstalled my windows 7 OS. http://forums.malwar...howtopic=115474

Hi, Arnold72:

With all due respect, given that you have already just recently reinstalled Windows, and given the many replies BOTH to this topic AND to your other, identical topic from so many expert members and staff, it would seem highly ill-advised to disregard this expert advice and continue to use registry cleaners/optimizers/defragmenters/tweakers. :)

Unless of course, you have the time and interest to repeatedly reinstall your OS? ;)

As forum Admin AdvancedSetup already pointed out:

...ALL Registry Cleaners are bad and going to cause you problems over time that will be difficult if not impossible to track down and fix the cause.

JMHO and with no offense intended, :)

daledoc1

hi daledoc1,

No offence taken.im not using any registry cleaners at all except the ccleaner which hardly finds any entries at all.

The advice i have been given on this forum has been excellent and i consider the malwarebytes forum one of the best.

I reinstalled mu OS for a totally different reason not from using any of the registry cleaning and tweaking junk.I learned my lesson in the past.

I have posted a new thread involving a problem with a tcp/ip driver which im having at the moment.

Many regards to you. :ph34r:

• 3 years later...

Even  though this thread is a few years old, I have the same question, and it has not been answered in this thread.

I did have MBAM / avast! / Online Armor Firewall in my netbook (Gateway LT21 - W7 Starter 32Bit), but the combination of the 3 just slowed the unit down to a crawl.

I got rid of avast!, OA Firewall and MBAM, I installed MSE and used Windows Firewall. The netbook I really only use for word possessing, not much more (it really can't handle much more).

So, I have had some issues with MSE getting stuck and freezing up during the Deep Scan, so I proceeded to do a manual registry clean. I started with avast, and to my surprise there were leftovers, even after I did the uninstall with the Avast Clean from safe mode!

The same goes with MBAM, I used the uninstaller tool, and now I find leftovers. There are 2 I have deleted so far, and there is 1 folder, and 1 sub folder, at the bottom of the   Trolltech entry in the Registry. So the Google search provided nothing relevant to why there is MBAM entry at the bottom, there was lots and its all over the place....

2016-04-14_064919_1.jpg~original

So, is Trolltech part of MBAM and is it safe for me to delete it?, OR, do I just delete the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder? Remember, MSE is locking up and freezing, causing me to reboot the system on the netbook.

• Root Admin

Those are just left over elements and nothing to worry about. No program is going to clean 100% every single key and value entry from an install.

Please read the following for a bit more information

Do I need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

Is this the clean removal tool you used?

MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If so then it will remove 99.9% of anything MBAM related. If you're having issues with freezing it is almost guaranteed it is not Registry related (possible but very unlikely).

If you want further help you should start a new topic and not drag up one from the dead. Nothing and I mean nothing from 2012 is going to be relevant to your computer today.

Thanks