ERROR Scheduled update failed: Host not found failed with error code 0

Hi:

Could be your AV blocking it.

Assuming you have the mutual exclusions set between MBAM and your AV, then it's probably not that.

Could also be infection or other problems.

Until an MBAM staffer arrives, you could try a clean reinstall.

If you've already done that, then it might be a good idea to get a bit more system info.

Please follow the instructions below and post back with the following logs as attachments to your next reply:

• Checkresults.txt from mbam-check
  • A couple of protection logs, if you have them
  • DDS.txt from DDS
  • Attach.txt from DDS

These will provide the MBAM staff with a bit of information that will permit them to pinpoint the cause and the solution for you.

Thanks!

daledoc1

-----------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.

Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Step 2 -- Run DDS and create 2 logs:

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    --->You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Some other info, if it might help.

I have MSE for my AV and I did set exclusions for it and MBAM, hopefully it is correct.

I have SpywareBlaster protection. Could it be blocking something with MBAM? I also have SuperAntiSpyware but only as on demand, not real time.

I can update manually with no issue. If any of the reasons mentioned are causing the scheduled updates to fail, would I still be able to manually update?

Hi, bru:

Thanks for the update.

If you need to check, MBAM/MSE exclusions are explained here: http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=181018

So, it's only scheduled, automatic updates that are throwing the error message?

Manual updates work fine?

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure why that would happen, unless you're having some sort of intermittent networking problem, perhaps?

Until someone more expert comes along, it couldn't hurt to post back with the logs I mentioned earlier.

Or you could try a clean reinstall (instructions below), as it typically resolves many minor issues.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

-------------------------------

MBAM Clean Install

• If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).

You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.

Location for Windows x86

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Location for Windows x64

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
  • It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
  • If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I get this error sometimes when the PC wakes up or starts up.

I think MBAM is trying to check for definitions before the network connection is initialized.

The next scheduled update works, or a manual update.

Yes, I think that can happen, especially if MBAM is configured to update on reboot.

Perhaps that's what the OP is seeing.

The staff will likely need additional info to know for sure. ;)

Thanks,

daledoc1