Windows update won't work?

Deeter

It seems to download the updates, but they are not successful past that point. I get the error code 800736B3 on both of them. I had a lot of updates today apparently, for windows that is, and all but two worked just find. The two that fail, over and over again, are KB2769369 and KB2726535.

This bugs me as one is a very important update.

I have tried the trouble shooter and it doesn't do crap. All it does is make sure I'm connected to the net.

I would search online but the web pages that come up are not ones that I know of as safe.

http://support.micro...com/kb/KB971058

In that link there is a "run now" button. Is that safe to click on and will the trouble shooter it is supposed to activate be any

differen't from the trouble shooter that I can access from my control panel?

(I realize I'm quoting myself here) I tried this but it only worked when logged in as admin, will not work run as admin and I am not logging onto the net as admin.

You can try that link. A quick google of your error code turned this up.

http://answers.micro...f2-1fbac3f2a96a

I didn't realize that vista was interchangable with 7.

I tried the first one and it failed.

I tried copying some lines in that cmd prompt, and when I right clicked it said (enter) next to copy (copy was greyed out). So I pressed enter and ended up with multiple lines of "C:\Windows\system32>"

in the cmd prompt.

Did that mess anything up?