Not sure if this is a virus or not, please confirm?

Guest masterblokz

Guest masterblokz

https://s3.amazonaws.com

So theres a download I want and it's hosted from that website, the java is atleast...

and bitdefender and clean MX say it's a virus, and not only that, in the virustotal report it actually says something about malwarebytes.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/69ae046a2f7d7570a5a0e90fa66682f7cdd63711e2c96a2cca6f1fc512193c4c/analysis/1373786681/

Guest masterblokz

yeah but it's not amazon it's amazonaws

i think

s3.amazonaws.com

BitDefender domain information The URL domain/host was seen to host badware at some point in time Malwarebytes hpHosts domain information Engaged in the distribution of malware. See hpHosts report Malc0de Database domain information The URL domain/host was seen to host badware at some point in time. See Malc0de Database report MalwareDomainList domain information The URL domain/host was seen to host badware at some point in time. See MalwareDomainList report

Guest masterblokz

aws.amazon == amazonaws ??

sorry im asking alot of questions lol

malwarebytes says that it's engaged in distribution of malware

my last question tho, don't wanna bother u that much.

Guest masterblokz

also is getting java from it fine? because the free version of what im trying to get gets java from that website and java says it can be at risk.

• Staff
aws.amazon == amazonaws ??

yes

malwarebytes says that it's engaged in distribution of malware

As I explained, Amazon is a HUGE software distribution site, where some software can be present there that are bundled with low risk Adware.

You always need to review file per file you want to download.

also is getting java from it fine? because the free version of what im trying to get gets java from that website and java says it can be at risk.

I always recommend to get the software from the developers site. In a lot of cases, their downloadlink on their main page goes to amazon though, so always trust the download references (& mirrors) which are present the main developers site