Beta program forever yo?

• Root Admin

Because it is always an ongoing change due to daily changes with various threats.  Once a product is in a Released state then its often difficult to update the Engine or the Program.  Being in a Beat state though one can change it every day if they want to as it has an expected potential to have issues whereas a Release product is hopefully without issues for the most part.

So it really is best/better for the end user to have access to the very latest build if/when needed instead of having to wait months for a new Release version to come out.

Ron is 100% correct. Additionally, rootkit detection and removal is a very risky process which requires low level access to the system and the methods and technologies used to do so can be quite unstable, so it requires extensive testing in a wide variety of environments to flesh out any bugs and issues. We knew this when we started this project, which is why we've had it in beta for so long. We want to make certain that the technology is stable before we declare it safe for release.

Also keep in mind that even once we do release it out of beta that it will still require regular engine upgrades in order to keep up with the latest rootkits, so it's never truly 'finished' because the bad guys who create and use rootkits are never finished either. They're always finding new tactics for installing their wares and trying to keep them in place so we'll always have to work to adapt to deal with their methods and tricks.

• 1 year later...

Rootkit from Wiki Vs Bootkit

The main feature of a bootkit is that it cannot be detected by standard means of an operating system because all its components reside outside of the standard file systems.

Some types of bootkits hide even the fact that the MBR has been compromised by returning the legitimate copy of the MBR when an attempt to read it has been made.

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit as well as the anti-rootkit capabilities built into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 are fully capable of dealing with both normal/standard rootkits as well as bootkits including both MBR and VBR as well as patched system files and services. It even does repairs of often corrupted or removed system services and components such as Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall.

• 1 month later...

thanks noknojon and exile360 for more info :)   I have heard that a rootkit infection may remain hidden in the hard disk even with doing formate disk? Is this true? :o:angry:

and this post need updated for "bookit" thing ;)

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/154472-malware-rootkits-trojans-worms-virus/ :D

and we know a GMer rootkits checker isn’t a beta rootkit scanner ? :unsure: why the other rootkit scanner won’t same a Gmer "no beta anymore" :ph34r:

We don't make GMER so I can't speak to why their tool isn't in beta. Do they even do any public beta testing before they release updates?

We call our anti-rootkit tool beta because it has to come with a warning, especially for the sake of users who might end up with damaged systems and may not be capable of repairing damage done on their own. The anti-rootkit tool is and probably always will be in perpetual beta because it is the proving ground for our cutting edge engine upgrades to our anti-rootkit technology. As each beta is tested and proves itself stable, we then integrate those engine changes into our primary product Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

We don't make GMER so I can't speak to why their tool isn't in beta. Do they even do any public beta testing before they release updates?

Perhaps because of that there are a single person, which has its own program and managed by himself! Several years and his website there has not changed! It should be one person out there! But I do not know if it is a Russian program

We call our anti-rootkit tool beta because it has to come with a warning, especially for the sake of users who might end up with damaged systems and may not be capable of repairing damage done on their own. The anti-rootkit tool is and probably always will be in perpetual beta because it is the proving ground for our cutting edge engine upgrades to our anti-rootkit technology. As each beta is tested and proves itself stable, we then integrate those engine changes into our primary product Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Thanks for the advice/info but what about the second question? :D

I have heard that a rootkit infection may remain hidden in the hard disk even with doing formate disk? Is this true?

A format yes as there are MBR rootkits. One would need to FDISK, FORMAT, and then reinstall Windows from known good clean media.

MALWARE - ROOTKITS - TROJANS - WORMS - VIRUS

thank dr-ron for confirm that!  :P  :)  But I have another question, which is whether all rootkit scanner has the same detection or not?

the only rootkits scanner that using live datebase is your malwarebytes antirookit which is nice and very cool for beat rootkits virus detection ! lol isn’t true ? ;):lol::D  : ) hey other thing ya plz keep the good work all time as I remember the first program of your own rogue remover http://www.pcworld.com/article/232299/rogueremover_free.html which i like rogue remover since first time i have see it ! lol rogue remover Was a malware catcher and now we have malwarebytes which is Right now rogue killer’s no doubt malwarebytes the best rogue killer & malware Hunter/malware/rootkit/ and other malware and spyware crappy terminator ! :):wub:  i like all your protuctes :)  keep em up yo ! thank :);)

all best for you dr-ron :)

Gamezertruth

Edited by mrdodrop

• Root Admin

But I have another question, which is whether all rootkit scanner has the same detection or not?

Absolutely not. Every scanner has it's own methods and tools and tries to find and safely remove an infection. No companies I'm aware of share their coding with each other. Some companies will outright license the engine from another company but not the actual code that creates the engine that I'm aware of. All of our programs are coded in-house as most others are. So bottom line is that yes generally most scanners are looking for the same or similar infection and then remove it. How it's achieved is different at least on some code level.

Absolutely not. Every scanner has it's own methods and tools and tries to find and safely remove an infection. No companies I'm aware of share their coding with each other. Some companies will outright license the engine from another company but not the actual code that creates the engine that I'm aware of. All of our programs are coded in-house as most others are. So bottom line is that yes generally most scanners are looking for the same or similar infection and then remove it. How it's achieved is different at least on some code level.

this is a great and nice Information which means that the code coding at home and this means that the coding is clean-work, however now we doing’s trusted of your’s Products more than before since its was coding in house! :D;)

good Place to working from it: > :lol::D : )