What does ISUSPM do?

kalimba

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.

InstallShield Update Service Scheduler. Automatically searches for and performs any updates to the software so you

• Root Admin

ISUSPM should be in the Control Panel. If you launch it in there you should be able to determine what products it's currently looking for updates for.

It is part of the InstallShield installer program that can be used by any vendor, so trying to say who or what program installed it is not possible without more investigation, but running the program manually should show you what programs it wants to try and update.

Oh, now I see it's that annoying installshield icon that comes up on my screen every now and then, unsuccessfully trying to connect to something via internet explorer. I have disabled it on startup. Now I'll probably be done with that small annoyance.

fwiw, when I clicked on its icon (called Program Updates) in control panel, it just tries unsuccessfully to find updates - I can't see how to figure out what it's trying to update - not that I care.

Thanks -

Well if you go to Control Panel >> Software Updates... When the window opens, there should be a settings icon near the top right... Click on that icon and the products it is trying to update should show up. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Hi.

In control panel, when I click on Program Updates, I now notice that there is an unnamed clickable rectangle at the top right. When I click it, I get a new window - software manager "the page cannot be displayed." Now, with your encouragement, I see two unmarked boxes at the top that look like they can be clicked. I click on the right one, and voila !

A new page with 4 items, 3 of which are clicked:

TotalAccess Core Applications (for my earthlink software, I guess)

Sonic Update Manager (the only one not clicked)

InstallShield Update Manager (probably what kept bringing up the pop up before I disabled it on startup)

And, the oddest one: {7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-and a final string of numbers and letters}

What could this last one possibly be?

And, should I uncheck them all, even though now I have disabled the feature on startup?

At the bottom of this window, there are 2 spots, one has been selected, but no info - next to the unchecked box is a drop down box that is empty. I wonder why this whole interface is messed up with no info?

Not that it really matters.

But maybe I should remove this whole program - it seems pretty useless.

What do you think?

Thanks !

• 7 months later...
Hi.

In control panel, when I click on Program Updates, I now notice that there is an unnamed clickable rectangle at the top right. When I click it, I get a new window - software manager "the page cannot be displayed." Now, with your encouragement, I see two unmarked boxes at the top that look like they can be clicked. I click on the right one, and voila !

A new page with 4 items, 3 of which are clicked:

TotalAccess Core Applications (for my earthlink software, I guess)

Sonic Update Manager (the only one not clicked)

InstallShield Update Manager (probably what kept bringing up the pop up before I disabled it on startup)

And, the oddest one: {7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-and a final string of numbers and letters}

What could this last one possibly be?

And, should I uncheck them all, even though now I have disabled the feature on startup?

At the bottom of this window, there are 2 spots, one has been selected, but no info - next to the unchecked box is a drop down box that is empty. I wonder why this whole interface is messed up with no info?

Not that it really matters.

But maybe I should remove this whole program - it seems pretty useless.

What do you think?

Thanks !

Just became a member and thought I would browse some of topics. I had this issue too. It is annoying and unneeded service. Are you getting the window asking to close iexplore.exe when you try to close down too?

This will solve the problem. If you already looked for the InstallShield in the Install/Uninstall programs, you won't find it. Installshield has been bought at least once or so, and now they are part of some Flex company..

Go this page and look halfway down the page>> http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/self...6&sliceId=1

You will see the Update Manager Uninstaller. It is a simple procedure and it won't actually remove the files that on the PC (in case you want them later for some reason, they are small)) but it removes the program from loading when you turn the PC on (to fix the annoying popup).

• 7 years later...

January 16, 2017

Very dangerous program.
Neither VirusTotal or Spybot-S&D Start Center 2.4 or HiJaakThis detect it.
Need to use the "Free" version of Malwarebytes to remove it.

Also if you don't use Malwarebytes to remove this (#*&#@) program, all what you try to remove it will fail.
For example if you disabled/delete it from Task Scheduler, next boot it will come back.

If you close it in Task Manager you will not able to connect to the Internet.
Same if you delete the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Update\ISUSPM.exe

If you try "System Restore" it will not work too.

For now I just find Malwarebytes to be able to remove this (#*#$)# program.
----------------------------------------------
Here what show Malwarebytes when scan:
Website blocked
You may exclude sites or applications from website protection by clicking Manage Exclusions.

Domain:        h9.onlinefiles29.igg.biz
IP Address:    198.46.237.187
Port:Type:    51221
File:        Outbound
C:\Program Files (x86...eld\Update\ISUSPM.exe
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Update\ISUSPM.exe)
----------------------------------------------
Item    Threat                Date            Type        Location
01    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    File        C:\Windows\Tasks\OPTIMIZE THUMBNAIL CACHE FILES.JOB
02    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKU\S-1 -5-18\S0FTWARE\MICR0S0FT\WIND0WS\CURRENTVERSI0N\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYENABLE
03    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24AM        Registry Value    HKU\S-1 -5-21 -244166773-2530060419-2299234690-1002\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYENABLE
04    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYENABLE
05    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYENABLE
06    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYENABLE
07    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24AM        Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYSERVER
08    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYSERVER
09    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\POUCIES\MICROSOFTWVINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYSETTINGSPERUSER
10    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS | PROXYSETTINGSPERUSER
11    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24AM        Registry Key    HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\NLASVQPARAMETERS\INTERNET\MANUALPROXIES
12    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    File        C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\OPTIMIZE THUMBNAIL CACHE FILES
13    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Key    HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFTWVINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TREE\OPTIMIZE THUMBNAIL CACHE FILES
14    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Value    HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{DB04745D-8FD4-49E6-9E62-6C6A2D8F48DC}| PATH
15    Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST    1/16/17 11:24 AM    Registry Key    HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{DB04745D-8FD4-49E6-9E62-6C6A2D8F48DC}

Edited by ThisWorldBelongs2TheMiser

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, InfinityTroll4 said:

ISUSPM.exe is installed by Avast Antivirus

There are many programs that use it for updating.

Also, you responded to a year old topic and The Orginal poster is long gone.  Please consider the age of a topic when posting.

• 4 months later...

That is the 'InstallShield Update Service Scheduler'. This program isn't required to begin consequently as you can run it at whatever point you have to. It is prompted that you incapacitate this program with the goal that it doesn't take up assets superfluously. 

Its File Location is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe 

You can impair this procedure utilizing the msconfig instrument: Start > Run > Type-in: msconfig > Ok > Select the 'Startup' tab > Uncheck the 'ISUSPM' thing > Click the 'Apply/Ok' catches.